SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    George W. Bush : As of this week, he's dead to me
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
George W. Bush : As of this week, he's dead to me Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
He's sticking his mug into a lot of cameras this week and after his remarks about President Trump, after not saying a word against the worst POTUS any of us will see in our lifetime, he's dead to me. I don't want to see his face. I don't want to hear his voice. I don't want to read his words. I don't want to hear anyone else convey the man's ideas.

I know we have a thread going on this and my remarks are redundant, but...

There's one and only one reason why you became President, George, and that's because of your daddy. I am of the opinion that your father is vastly underrated by history thus far. I think he was a fine President. Were it not for your father, you would have been remembered ever so vaguely as the President's kid, and the owner of a baseball team, and that's all.

From the heart. I couldn't be more sincere when I say that I don't ever again want to see you.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I voted for both Bushes,I am ashamed of this now.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Were it not for your father, you would have been remembered ever so vaguely as the President's kid, and the owner of a baseball team, and that's all.

This is absolutely the truth.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:

This is me too. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's not kid ourselves- GWB was better than Al Gore. I think we would likely find no disagreement with this in the forum.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:

Yeah don't be ashamed of the votes you made at the time. You think you should have voted for the other guys?

Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's sticking his mug into a lot of cameras this week and after his remarks about President Trump, after not saying a word against the worst POTUS any of us will see in our lifetime, he's dead to me. I don't want to see his face. I don't want to hear his voice. I don't want to read his words. I don't want to hear anyone else convey the man's ideas.

I know we have a thread going on this and my remarks are redundant, but...

There's one and only one reason why you became President, George, and that's because of your daddy. I am of the opinion that your father is vastly underrated by history thus far. I think he was a fine President. Were it not for your father, you would have been remembered ever so vaguely as the President's kid, and the owner of a baseball team, and that's all.

From the heart. I couldn't be more sincere when I say that I don't ever again want to see you.

I wholeheartedly agree, he has pissed away all of my respect for him. Such a shame. Goes to show that he is just another establishment turd.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
He was dead to me after he accepted responsibility for hurricane Katrina and the mess that all of that was - Just another RINO elitist

Posts: 169 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
He was better than Gore,but he still drove the Republican party in the ground resulting in Obama.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Same here after getting buddy-buddy with the Mooschell and talking crap about Trump.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted for him both times as he was many times a better choice than Algore or Kerry, but he was dead to me when he tried to fulfill his neocon vision of democratizing Afghanistan and Iraq. He also totally lost me when he called The Minutemen at our southern border "vigilantes" and refused to pardon the Border Patrol agents who shot the illegal invader scumbag and went to prison for it.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
He was better than Gore,but he still drove the Republican party in the ground resulting in Obama.

This is so true. And then Obama begot Trump.

These swamp dwelling elitist's just don't get that the American people do not want what either party is selling.

posted Hide Post
As low as he has sunk in my opinion lately, this made me throw up in my mouth a bit:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Agreed. As Trump succeeds and the Bushes whine, they are doing more damage to their family's legacy than anything else I can think of.

A thought crossed my mind: how often have we seen a parent become successful, only to turn their success over to the children or grandchildren, who then squander and run it into the ground?

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The Bushes have burnt every bridge to me.

Their actions, or lack of actions during the 2016 Presidential campaign dismayed and then angered me. They have proven to side with elitists such as the Clintons and now the Obamas.

Screw them.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
As low as he has sunk in my opinion lately, this made me throw up in my mouth a bit:

Yikes, is that real? Eek

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am of the opinion that [George Herbert Walker Bush] is vastly underrated by history thus far. I think he was a fine President.

I concur.

As for GWB? *sigh* Love/hate.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The whole family is just pissed that Trump stomped ole Jeb like the weak little woos he was.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
[image elided out of regards for the sensibilities here...]

Yikes, is that real? Eek

It is, unfortunately, quite real.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post