SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Funeral home offers drive-thru viewing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Funeral home offers drive-thru viewing Login/Join 
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
If I did not have the time to go in and pay my respects, I think I would just stay home. Maybe convenient for someone just not me.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Y'all know what Leo Getz says about that...

Monkey! You're just not right. Big Grin

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
What about a rent-a-corpse?

I mean sometime the decedent doesn't look to good, get somebody who looks dead and throw them in the box for four hours.

Good side gig if you can lie still and are cold to the touch.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Funerals are becoming more convenient for everyone but the dead guy but so boring. The Vikings held much more interesting funerals.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I can see the appeal.

Not for the convenience sake, but for the privacy.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I can see the appeal.

Not for the convenience sake, but for the privacy.

If you are just planning to keep your feelings private and not interact with the family, what the heck is the point? Might as well sit at home. The dead guy won't know the difference.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Junior Funeral Home was doing this a long time ago.

Owned by willie junior, who was a Pensacola city councilman.

He was so corrupt, he Drank antifreeze under a crack house to avoid going to prison.

This is a pic of his drive thru funeral home.

Willie junior

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
If you can't be bothered to get out of your car to show your "respect" I'd say it's because you have none.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post