SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you think of the new BP recommendations?- My MD's response in OP
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of the new BP recommendations?- My MD's response in OP Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I was reading the new numbers at work last night.
I have been on the threshold for a couple of years due to stress, over training etc..

Working the 9pm to 7am shift doesn't help.

My only concern is when I go for my physical for Uncle Sam. I want my numbers to be decent so I do not get knocked off the deployment list.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the quoted article:

"To make matters worse, your endothelium does not give you credit for the period of the day when your blood pressure is lower. It is during periods when blood pressure spikes up that massive vascular damage occurs."

If that's true, we had better stop exercising. NOW!

I personally think his protocol of chasing BP with a home monitor and extra doses of meds is insane.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...9001/?#sp=show-clips

New guidelines: Nearly half of US adults now have high blood pressure

Nov. 14, 2017 - 4:51 - Dr. Nicole Saphier of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and NYU Langone Medical Center professor Dr. Marc Siegel on the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association changing the blood pressure guidelines.

Nicole Saphier is a radiologist...giving advice on hypertension.

Roll Eyes

That is her specialty and hopefully she has broader interests as an MD should to be effective. Your education continues through life or you fall behind.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post