SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    USPS Employees, Your Help Please
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Employees, Your Help Please Login/Join 
posted
We seem to have an issue in our neighborhood with not getting things delivered. We have Nextdoor (social media by invite only), and there are frequently people posting about missing packages when tracking shows "delivered". Usually they show up a few days later.

I've had a few such instances, one the GPS showed the package was actually scanned at the post office but notes said "left on porch". I received no explanation just a "you'll have it tomorrow" Another showed delivered, and two days later I still didn't have it. I needed it for work, so I actually went out and flagged down the delivery lady after she had been by for the normal delivery and she right away produced the package I'd been waiting for saying "oh I was gonna come right back by with this". She knows me as I've made small talk with her on a few occasions, and also helped push her car out of a neighbors driveway when she pulled in, but the car wouldn't go into reverse.

The latest incident has me pretty pissed off. We had 4 small packages come for delivery on Monday. All were scanned at the same time, and per the GPS were scanned at our address. The problem is the notes for all 4 say "left on porch", but they were really left in the box and worse yet, we only received 3 of the 4. The missing one being a set of Ruger rings I really was looking forward to.

I already called the post office and after being hung up on a few times (I could hear the receiver pick up and then click off again) finally reached someone who advised it was scanned at our house, could care less about the discrepancy of where it was left and that it was probably stolen so what did I want her to do about it?

So my question for you guys and gals of the USPS is what do I do now?

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Same problem here. I called the postmaster and was told he couldn't really do anything about my mail going to my neighbor, the carrier not closing the mailbox, or the carrier dropping my mail by missing the mail box but not getting out to put it in properly. All of this with video surveillance evidence. Nor could he do anything about them marking it delivered when it wasn't. "Sometimes there just isn't enough hours in the day for her to get it all done"

So good luck to you. I've had zero luck with these assholes here.

Oh and that old saying of "nor rain, snow, sleet, or hail shall prevent the mail from being delivered" is complete bullshit. Union smoke break, flat tire, too cold, it's Tuesday, I'm sick, I've heard it all.

Of course there are good USPS people out there that take pride in their jobs. They just don't work in my zone.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not with USPS, but when I have an issue, I call my local P.O., and ask to speak to the 'Postmaster'. Problem resolved. If this doesn't net results, look up the Postmaster General office, call, and they will investigate.

Posts: 56 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
missing packages when tracking shows "delivered". Usually they show up a few days later.

Are they all Amazon packages? This happens here all the time. I think they do it to make Amazon think they're fulfilling their contract obligations.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, good luck with that.

I had to get a PO Box in another area just so I could have a chance at getting packages delivered.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
My local guy scans stuff as "delivered" a good hour before he even gets to my house.
I've not yet had an instance where I don't get the package that same day however.

It's just irritating to be sitting at home "oh look my box is here!" and go outside to find no package.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked about speaking to the Postmaster when I called, but "he not in" I asked when I might catch him and was told "he's usually in about 9 to 3, but he has lots of meetings"

While looking up the number for the post office I ran across the below areticle.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-...i_mail_troubles.html

Apparently their incompetence isn't going unnoticed.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Our regular delivery lady is very good, but on her days off - the subs are imbeciles. I once had to chase down a sub who delivered a very expensive package I was waiting for to the wrong house. I made her go retrieve it.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't have to, but it's a good idea to duke your mail person at Christmas. Keeps them happy.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
You shouldn't have to, but it's a good idea to duke your mail person at Christmas. Keeps them happy.

You fist fight your mail person every Christmas like fight club!? Lol

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have had little luck with the Post Master. I was thinking the Postal Inspector as the next line of defense.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have an excellent rural carrier. He has said the USPS biggest problem is the new hires at a lower pay scale. Some of them just do not give a damn.

Our Postmaster lives in the community and is very well thought of.

Don't think the USPS is long for this world.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Rather than calling, have you tried to talk to the post master in person, with no advanced notice? For most issues (not necessarily USPS related) I prefer the pop-in with no advanced warning to complain/bring up issues. If I am forced to call, and I get a voice mail, I leave a message for them to call me, but I do not leave a reason why. I don't like to give folks time to think up some lame excuse. Done it twice this week as a matter of fact (non-USPS related issues).

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Check to see if Informed Delivery is available in your area. It's a new service only available in a few areas at this time. I recieve an email every morning with photos of letters and such that should be delivered that day. IIRC it's the first 10 but you can login to see everything. This may help narrow down exactly where your problem is within the system. Assuming it's available in your area of course.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket72:
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:

You fist fight your mail person every Christmas like fight club!? Lol

LMAO Big Grin

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
We used to have a great usps group here, then new postmaster who runs it by the book and that does not always work. I used to spend over $1,000 a year with them, this year to date $100. UPS actually cares and you can do most stuff on line.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I feel for you, I've been dealing with it off and on for years. I even had a handgun with signature required delivered to my neighbor, obviously no sig was taken. I reported it to the Postmaster and nothing was done. You could try and become part of the IBM test mail system. IBM sends out test mail to see how long delivery takes. You have to scan your mail every day and it takes about 5 minutes a day to do.

https://www.ttmsdropper.com/secure/join.cfm

Posts: 4110 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wallacemf
posted Hide Post
We live in a rural area, the carriers use their own vehicles, couple of older ladies deliver the mail. We stop and chat with them sometimes. Nice people, we have been very lucky, nothing has ever gone missing.

Of course, the bottle of vodka we leave in the mailbox every Thanksgiving and Christmas probably helps as well Big Grin

Posts: 377 | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last two out of three carriers we've had (including the current); remind of the guy in that Chevy Chase movie that drives by the mailbox going' 50mph or so and just tosses it at the box while laughing and yucking' it up. Me and the neighbors are constantly exchanging each others mail. I've gotten coins delivered, with signature required delivery just stuck in the mailbox. A neighbor up the street was away, for a while, must not have requested a stop mail request; the current guy just kept stuffing their mail in the box even though it was falling out overnight. What a hammer-head!

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post