SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a good 80 tooth 10" chop saw blade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a good 80 tooth 10" chop saw blade Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted
Getting ready to cut some stair treads and risers, looking for a good blade that will help keep cuts clean. Should I go with Diablo at HD or is there something better I should consider?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I haven't used them in a chop saw, but the Diablo high tooth count circular saw blades make very nice clean cuts. They also tend to have a relatively thin kerf, which means they don't have to work as hard to make a cut.

In addition to the fairly standard 10", 80-tooth blade, Diablo also makes a 10" 90-tooth blade they claim makes even cleaner cuts:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Di...ade-D1090X/202786851

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Very happy with the Diablo blades on ALL my saws, chop, table and circular.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The Diablo made a big difference on my circular saw, when my miter blade needs replaced I’ll put a Diablo on it too.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Diablo.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diablo is a Freud brand and is a very good blade. You didn't mention wood type or if you are doing stain vs paint grade finish work. But a good clean, sharp Diablo 80 or 90 tooth blade will serve you just fine.

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I run Diablo blades on all my saws for finish cuts.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
When I did finish carpenter work I used dewalt,very fine blades , but you pay for them.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
Diablo is a Freud brand and is a very good blade. You didn't mention wood type or if you are doing stain vs paint grade finish work. But a good clean, sharp Diablo 80 or 90 tooth blade will serve you just fine.

I'm making treads and risers out of oak. My intention will be to stain them.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forrest blades

Posts: 1067 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Gents.

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
one consideration when buying inexpensive saw blades. Use till they dull, and throw away. more expensive blades can be re-sharpened, teeth replaced for less than a new blade.

check a Woodworkers supply in your area or online

john

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diablo for sure. I use it for cutting melamine, which needs a fine toothed blade.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
As my grandfather tried to teach me, buy the best tools you can afford, you will be thankful everytime you use them. Or buy cheap tools, and you will pay for it everytime you use them.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post