SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fresh BLTs....is there anything better?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fresh BLTs....is there anything better? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:

I like your style, except for the wimp lettuce. Wink

Lettuce? Looks like cabbage left over from St Paddy's day. Smile

And as for Duke's.... Blue Plate is my go to but we have both in da house! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A BLT is awesome, but in the sandwich tribe, a Reuben is the king.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Good ol summertime

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Pumpernickel or multi grain bread, toasted
THICK spreading of Helmans or Dukes Mayonnaise
Bacon fried so crispy, it's almost burnt
Sliced tomato
Iceberg lettuce
fresh Cracked pepper from pepper grinder
Slice of sharp cheddar cheese
Thin sliced red onion

Yummy

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
If the T is for Toast, I'm in. Tomatoes are nasty!

Posts: 4014 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^I used to think that, but then I grew up. Smile Tomatoes are food of the gods. Now I wish I had eaten those big tomatoes my grandmother grew and begged me to try.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Pumpernickel or multi grain bread, toasted
THICK spreading of Helmans or Dukes Mayonnaise
Bacon fried so crispy, it's almost burnt
Sliced tomato
Iceberg lettuce
fresh Cracked pepper from pepper grinder
Slice of sharp cheddar cheese
Thin sliced red onion

Yummy

We are on the same page here, minus the grain bread. Rye or White only here, plus I do light mayo not heavy. Either way, I like where you are going with this!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thick cut bacon in a weave, vine ripened tomatoes, bread from bakery hand sliced and toasted, and a light coating of Miracle Whip (y'all are messing it up with nasty mayo).

Simple, but leaves you with a smile for the rest of the day.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
...a light coating of Miracle Whip (y'all are messing it up with nasty mayo).

KILL THE HERETIC!

Dukes or bust.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the master, Thomas Keller

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
quote:

KILL THE HERETIC!

Dukes or bust.

I'm with him. Miracle whip for me. Mayo is ok but I'm a miracle whip guy first.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
quote:

KILL THE HERETIC!

Dukes or bust.

I'm with him. Miracle whip for me. Mayo is ok but I'm a miracle whip guy first.

I am a Bi-mayo individual. This thread must accommodate us Bi's. We go both ways. Best Foods AND Miracle Whip. It depends on the tomato. Also depends on the mood. Depends on what's in the fridgerator.

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me just bread, mayo, and a thick slice of a never refrigerated home grown vine ripe tomato with salt and pepper, no need for anything else.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was this "Super heros" deli years ago in Brentwood, NY that made the best BLT on a hero EVER. I would order it with extra bacon and it was a dream to bite into. Oh man, those were the days !

But, to answer your question, "Is there anything better?" I would say yeah, my poison now is hot wings. I love traditional hot wings from BWW (Buffalo Wild Wings) I get their traditional wings soaked in extra wet hot sauce !

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
Try it with sourdough bread. Just that little bit of tang makes those tastebuds stand up and yell "yippie".

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Gawd. Nothing better.

Home-cured bacon
Heirloom tomatoes
Fresh sourdough bread
Really good butter, and home-made mayo.

Thats it.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3932 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
If the T is for Toast, I'm in. Tomatoes are nasty!

What are you a Pinko Communist?

I love a BLT.
But a fresh ripe plain sliced tomato with salt and pepper is greatness.

Add toasted bread, lettuce, lots of bacon, and mayo (not miracle whip), and it is even better.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Lightly toasted Oroweat Health Nut bread. Plenty of Mayo with said BLT. Sharp cheddar cheese slice slightly melted by a fried egg with the yolk juuuuuuuust runny enough to soak into the sandwich and not drip onto the plate.

Heaven, my friends. Heaven.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I prefer toasted wheat bread and Miracle Whip® instead of mayonnaise. (I don't like the taste of mayonnaise.) And just bacon, lettuce (iceberg), and tomato, please.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post