SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need Recommendations for 3 point blade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Recommendations for 3 point blade Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
I bought a 2017 JD 1025R this week. The tractor has a whole 41 hours on it. I'll be picking it up next week. I'd like to purchase a rear three point scraper blade for it, but there are too many on the market (seems everyone is making them), so I'm looking for advise. I'm thinking 5' or 6', medium duty, price range of $500 to $900. Used would be fine as well. I just don't want to spend the money on something and have it bend with the first use. The three point is a Cat 1.

Thanks!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
I recommend a box blade, more useful and really does a better job including building small drainage ditches and other leveling tasks. Get one wide enough to cover your rear tire width.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
I recommend a box blade, more useful and really does a better job including building small drainage ditches and other leveling tasks. Get one wide enough to cover your rear tire width.

That’s what I was thinking.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what I have used for the past several years. I have had very good experiences with Tractor Supply implements.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/...der-blade-6-ft?rfk=1

It does not make your tractor a bulldozer.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
A little more information about intended use would help.

For instance, 5 or 6 foot to move snow is doable. Same blade moving dirt is too much for a 1025. It'll have the power, but it doesn't have the weight to put that power on the ground and will spin out.

If your primary use is leveling ground and/or grading and maintaining a gravel drive, a box blade is a MUCH more efficient and effective way to to it. Again, 6 feet is way too much blade for that tractor. I have a Kubota B2650 with a cab and a 5.5 foot box blade is all it wants when the box is full.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15223 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
What’s a loader bucket run for one of those? Dual purpose?

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your input. The blade would be used for moving/leveling dirt. There are snow blades that fit the loader in-place of the bucket, but they are not heavy enough for scraping dirt (just lose stuff). The tractor at the tires is just under 48”, so a 5’ would do the trick. It sounds like a box blade would be the way to go for my planned usage.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post