SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commercials & Narrators you wish would just go away...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commercials & Narrators you wish would just go away... Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
The so called pitch man on every Chevy commercial. Just his plugging of the product alone would keep me from ever purchasing another Chevy.

Those real/fake GM ads drive me crazy.

I try to be more zen-like, but those ads are the worst.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by 0658:
Para is so right. I live in the home town of Morgan and Morgan, "For the people" Probably one of the nations premier ambulance chasers. I swear that he has more media presence than just about anyone other than the President.

Radio, TV, You Tube, a host of internet sites; you just can't get away from this Obama and Hilary supporting marijuana advocate,
Hard to get more annoying than the Texas Hammer:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/KIM2WKMUK8I

Look on Youtube for the Law Hawk. Those are a riot.

I've met Adler, he is that bombastic. On the other hand, he runs a law firm that does a good job for their clients. He hires good lawyers. It isn't a one man show.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

All of these are annoying.
One thing I found amusing was on the Progressive commercial, the blurb "Real actors. Not people." is shown.

Posts: 4121 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
This times a million. Every time we see Flo, we hit the mute button. And the 2 guys in the hamburger joint commercial. Sonic, I think.

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Flo.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Ha! I always sing the 877 cash now song after the commercial. My wife hates it!

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Not sure if it’s nationally run, but we have these annoying J.G. wentworth commercials with people lip sinking to opera...

“Call J.G. Wentworth, 877-Cash-Now!

It’s so damn annoying.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Patriot Software.com.

Grain Berry.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The “What’s in YOUR wallet” commercial.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
All save one.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31346 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A couple radio spots among a sea of choices --

Medi-Share - I can't even begin to describe how the announcer talks, cut off, drawn out, dripping and sticky, I dunno, shut up.

Jack from Banyon Hill, if you've heard him, you agree. Mad

quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
I am very tired of listening to the Aussie/Brit accents in so many commercials. Aren't there any announcers that speak 'Murican English?

^^^This.

I find the Aussie version of English the most grating of all. Well, eastern Australia. The west coasters can sound almost like South Africans, one the most pleasing takes on the language.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Every Progressive, Geico, and Liberty insurance commercial.

Yep. Every one EXCEPT the camel in the hump day commercial. They've started re-airing that one around here & I crack up every time I see it, because our grand daughter was about four years old when that one came out. She memorized the entire thing & would go strutting around saying, "MikeMikeMikeMikeMike Mike. What day is it?" & "Hump daaaay!"

I kinda get a kick out the the R Lee Ermey GEICO commercial:

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
The absolute worst is the 1-800-Kars for Kids jingle.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6356 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I kinda get a kick out the the R Lee Ermey GEICO commercial.

Yup and the old "Trunk Monkey" spots. Shit can everything else!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16132 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
My most hated commercial may be Ray Liotta with Chantix. I mute that at every opportunity.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Announcers with British accents, selling Japanese cars, or anything else for that matter, to Americans. The advertising geniuses obviously think a British accent makes the sales pitch more credible than say, someone with a North Carolina or New York accent.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
At least some have several versions and you aren't stuck watching the same dad-gum one seven time in an hour.

A pet peeve for me is the ramped up volume...
disgraceful, and illegal. The FCC need to crack down on it. The advertisers, if they had any sense, would realize it just encourages the viewer to hit the mute button.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4112 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The Cashback Match Discover commercial with the phone conversation between a customer service rep and customer (both played by the same woman). Between the “Whooo, more money, more money!” hollering and the annoying happy gyrations, it’s absolutely stupid and looks like two people auditioning for spots as contestants on The Price is Right.

Just mind-numbing.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Any commercial on TBS for that feckless unt Samantha Bee. In fact, I just wish she would denounce her American citizenship and take her ass back to Canada from whence she came, eh.

quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I kinda get a kick out the the R Lee Ermey GEICO commercial:

Notice how stations aren't re-running that GEICO ad? I'd bet you dime to donuts it's because it represents "Toxic Masculinity". Bet you...

Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11016 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Every fucking cash-for-your-crash lawyer on the planet.

I'd call them 'leeches' but leeches might be offended being grouped in with those blood suckers.
para, I'm old enough to remember when it was considered "unprofessional" for a lawyer to advertise AT ALL, other than a nice entry in the phone book. Those days are long gone.

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Not sure if it’s nationally run, but we have these annoying J.G. wentworth commercials with people lip sinking to opera...

“Call J.G. Wentworth, 877-Cash-Now!

It’s so damn annoying.
They're national--we have them here, too. However, I actually enjoy the "opera" ones. The dancy, jazzy, modern versions leave me cold, though.

The Progressive insurance commercials have gotten to be really terrible. However, I do kind of identify with Jamie. I wonder why he doesn't climb onto the motorcycle and ride it to Flo, though--I would have.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
The so called pitch man on every Chevy commercial. Just his plugging of the product alone would keep me from ever purchasing another Chevy.

The one with the diminishing volume for the 'less reliable' brands than Chevrolet was annoying.
When they got in hot water over it, they repeated the same commercial without reducing volume for each consecutive brand. Commercial make even less sense then, as it made it sound like a visual representation, which you can't see; because, radio.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15111 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by 0658:
Para is so right. I live in the home town of Morgan and Morgan, "For the people" Probably one of the nations premier ambulance chasers. I swear that he has more media presence than just about anyone other than the President.

Radio, TV, You Tube, a host of internet sites; you just can't get away from this Obama and Hilary supporting marijuana advocate,
Hard to get more annoying than the Texas Hammer:
Link to original video: https://youtu.be/KIM2WKMUK8I

Look on Youtube for the Law Hawk. Those are a riot.

I've met Adler, he is that bombastic. On the other hand, he runs a law firm that does a good job for their clients. He hires good lawyers. It isn't a one man show.

And now Bill Adler is in on it too.
I don't really mind theirs, his ad personality makes it amusing.

He's on the 94.5 morning show a few times a month (pre-recorded) for one of their radio games, pretty amusing.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15111 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post