SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commercials & Narrators you wish would just go away...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commercials & Narrators you wish would just go away... Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
I’m sure we all have commercials and narrators we are tired of seeing and hearing. Nothing quite like explaining a pharmaceutical advert to a kid Wink For me, I’ve had enough of the Progessive adverts and Denis Leary voiceovers for the F-150.

How bout you?

Posts: 13788 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"I love you Dad."

"What?"

"$3000...$5000...Whatever they can get!"

Mad

Posts: 19951 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Thomas the Verizon commercial dude

I was shocked to learn this guy has a career in acting outside of the Verizon commercial...

That reminds me....it looks like he dies in that recent Keanu Reeves movie about cloning....might be a reason to watch it.

I am a happy Verizon customer. He makes me want to switch

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Adult diapers and male enhancement commercials.
Our local radio talk station plays male enhancement commercials constantly. You would think with the problems males had in the area the birth rate would be zero.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1109 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Every fucking cash-for-your-crash lawyer on the planet.

I'd call them 'leeches' but leeches might be offended being grouped in with those blood suckers.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107180 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I wish all commercials would go away.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I'd call them 'leeches' but leeches might be offended being grouped in with those blood suckers.

I'm with you here. Ambulance chasing POS.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very tired of listening to the Aussie/Brit accents in so many commercials. Aren't there any announcers that speak 'Murican English?

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2866 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
"I love you Dad."

"What?"

"$3000...$5000...Whatever they can get!"

Mad

Yeah, that one, and all drug and catheter commercials.

Posts: 27777 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
William Devane, please retire, I'm not interested in buying Gold or Silver.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Flo.

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15827 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The so called pitch man on every Chevy commercial. Just his plugging of the product alone would keep me from ever purchasing another Chevy.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Every Progressive, Geico, and Liberty insurance commercial.

Posts: 3688 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Wife's BFF, Connie, is the head of the Tallahassee panel that approves/disapproves lawyer ads in Florida. She says the ads that are turned down are really, really offensive.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it's done in other places, but in the Cincy radio market, they have commercials with local D.J.s just "talking" about a product. The one that I hear the most is for Arby's, and the announcer describes the sandwich and how good it is. For some reason I find them very condescending.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Those two idiots in the Sonic commercials need to be thrown in a wood chipper.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
Not sure if it's done in other places, but in the Cincy radio market, they have commercials with local D.J.s just "talking" about a product. The one that I hear the most is for Arby's, and the announcer describes the sandwich and how good it is. For some reason I find them very condescending.

morning drive talk radio host does that here,

not sandwiches, but services from lenders, realtors, etc,

surely he got a cut or kickback on some work, as partial payment,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10403 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Definitely FLO, I can't hit the mute button or last channel button fast enough when she comes on!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1304 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I need to find a device that automatically mutes my TV during commercials. I'd sell it for enough to build the entire wall.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4207 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Every Progressive, Geico, and Liberty insurance commercial.

Yep. Every one EXCEPT the camel in the hump day commercial. They've started re-airing that one around here & I crack up every time I see it, because our grand daughter was about four years old when that one came out. She memorized the entire thing & would go strutting around saying, "MikeMikeMikeMikeMike Mike. What day is it?" & "Hump daaaay!"

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post