SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendation for a toaster that actually works?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for a toaster that actually works? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
three years ago Cook's Country tested a dozen toaster's , both commercial and regular,

they did not present their findings because the were looking for either a two or four slice toaster that would consistently ,make 18 slices of toast the exact same way .

they did not find one for under $500.00

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
back when i still ate bread, i'd butter a side and use the skillet.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The stainless steel Cuisinart 2-slot we've had for several years has been terrific.

The stainless steel Cuisinart 2-slot I have is a piece of crap that produces black toast on one day and soft bread the next. The ONLY way to get a nicely toasted light brown is by trial and error experiments or shining a flashlight into the toaster and watching the bread toast.

I got so frustrated that I searched online for a toaster with an actual electronic timer and found that those are not made. You see lots of digital displays but every toaster made still uses the heat sensing capacitive circuit invented back before WWII.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post