SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good restaurant in Flagstaff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good restaurant in Flagstaff Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
Doing the Canyon today staying in Flag, looking for good food and atmosphere for tonight with the misses and 5yo

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Near the old train station is a burger and beer joint

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed this place with the Double-X. It's the next block up, parallel to the main drag. Owner-operated.

Mountain Oasis International Restaurant  
$$ · Eclectic Restaurant
Cozy, brick-walled eatery with large windows, an eclectic menu & a full bar with happy hour.
11 E Aspen Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Open today · 11AM–9PM
(928) 214-9270

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really an answer to your question, but pine country restaurant in Williams (like 30 miles from flagstaff) has AWESOME pies...They make delicious cream cheese pies.. I'm glad I live too far away to go there often because I'd weigh 600 lbs...

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I like La Bellavia on Beaver but it's more Coffee Shop/Cafe if that's workable for you.

I've been going there for years. Breakfast and brunch only, though.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1288 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton: pine country restaurant in Williams (like 30 miles from flagstaff) has AWESOME pies...

Yep, the pie is famous in Williams. We spent $60 on dinner there. Easy to do.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Near the old train station is a burger and beer joint

Altitudes Bar and Grill. Was on an eastbound train (freight train) that got stopped right there prior to Beaver street once. Conductor and I walked down to the bar and got a couple burgers. Pretty good if I remember right.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beaver street brewery - great place. Just south of the train station.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
While I have not ate at the Flagstaff location, they are great down here in the valley. Highly recommend Cornish Pasty Co.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zerious
posted Hide Post
Fratelli's for Pizza
Salsa Brava for Mexican
The Spot for Breakfast
Bun Huggers for Burgers (Its an institution)

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
- Carl Sagan

Posts: 2120 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I make it a point to eat at Martanne's every time I visit Flag. While not known for dinner, they're more known for breakfast/brunch. It's a quirky Mexican joint located in historic downtown, Cash Only but , so good! When I hear huevos ranchero or, chilliques...it's this place that comes immediately to mind.

EDIT- Looks like they take credit cards now.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Fratellis pizza gets a nod here. We ate there after our canyon trip last month.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The Museum Club is kind of a Route 66 landmark. Better at least go have a drink there.

Don't know if you'll be around until Monday, but I'd stop by Gary Reeder's Pistol Parlor. He's a terrific gunsmith and (speaking of cats) has a great sense of humor.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
While I have not ate at the Flagstaff location, they are great down here in the valley. Highly recommend Cornish Pasty Co.

As its 5 minutes from my office I hit this place at least once a week.....pretty good

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
The Museum Club is kind of a Route 66 landmark. Better at least go have a drink there.

Don't know if you'll be around until Monday, but I'd stop by Gary Reeder's Pistol Parlor. He's a terrific gunsmith and (speaking of cats) has a great sense of humor.

Wish I could I have always liked his work, msybe next time

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
I enjoyed this place with the Double-X. It's the next block up, parallel to the main drag. Owner-operated.

Mountain Oasis International Restaurant  
$$ · Eclectic Restaurant
Cozy, brick-walled eatery with large windows, an eclectic menu & a full bar with happy hour.
11 E Aspen Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Open today · 11AM–9PM
(928) 214-9270

Went here last night, quite good BUT they forgot to renew their liquor license....ARRGGHH

good food though and very good service

In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind the drive south, Oak Creek Brewery & Grille on 179 in Sedona is fantastic.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked it. Sorry, I didn't know about the booze. We were there for lunch. A good reason to pack a half-pint in your jacket pocket. A BYOB is always legal if no one notices. Wink

I met the owner when there. The waitress was very attentive. The food was an honest effort. The owner could not find decent tradespeople and there was construction in town as well.

I got the feeling I would pick up work easily in Flagstaff.

The Arboretum At Flagstaff is where I rested in the 30' RV while my charges took a walk. Towering pines, quiet, it was a nice experience. Me and a cup of tea from the galley. 89 south into Sedona is a nice drive. 89 Alternate north towards Zion is even nicer, through the Oak Creek Canyon.