SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You've got 7 days left to make fun of Black's Van: With a double Karma!!! Expedition arrived: KARMA WINNERS CHOSEN!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You've got 7 days left to make fun of Black's Van: With a double Karma!!! Expedition arrived: KARMA WINNERS CHOSEN!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
My van ownership just crested a year a couple weeks ago and the friendly cracks just keep on coming as seen in this thread from today:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6460040934

I am all for some good nature ribbing but you have 7 days left, give or take, to bring your best as my 2016 Expedition EL will be delivered and dealer prepped in within the week so the van will be gone.

Wife has hated the thing I just tolerated it. I was trying to do the right Dad thing and get a vehicle to accommodate 3 car seats and save about $10,000 from a similarly equipped full size SUV. Well, we sucked it up for a year and finally said screw it. We work hard for our money and can afford it, so just do it.

So get your laughs in before my CUT gets changed or modified.

To top it off I have a couple of Karmas to go along with it.

1st up is a set of Yellow Calais H11 LED foglight bulbs. They have been installed in the van for about a year and give out excellent visibility with a very true yellow light. The new Expedition has proprietary LED fogs, our Highlander, and Silverado also don't take H11s so they are up for grabs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Next up is a set of Kicker 40CS654 6.5" car speakers. These are certified refurbished speakers as they are no longer made. This is a low profile/shallow mount model that was needed for the install in a Sienna. The rear speakers are a gigantic pain to get to and was waiting till I got the subwoofer and amp to install so I only had to rip apart the rear end once and never got that far.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They too do not fit in any other vehicle we own so they are up for grabs.

I had a feeling we would not be keeping the van very long so I never moved forward with getting the new wheels so don't have those to Karma off sorry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I remember fondly the day we traded our race van in for an SUV. Mrs DF was queen of the world driving her new 4runner off the lot. Congrats brother!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
In for the LED Foglight bulbs for my 2012 Subaru Outback! Thanks for the chance!

No ribbing about the van from me. I'll probably end up with one when the kids come.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
My only contribution is that my wife said we would NEVER own a van. That has always been my stance but I was very proud.

That led to a 2008 Ridgeline RTL Navi being our first "new" car. Followed by a 2017 Pilot EX-L AWD RES end of last year to accommodate our newest addition.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Razz

You have been, bar none, the best sport on this whole topic that anybody could ever expect, and a illustration of how to have fun with something instead of getting all red faced. Well done sir.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this some sort of a requirement for your six step program?

Just kidding. Hope you enjoy the replacement vehicle. It's been fun following your process.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Does the Expedition have ugly ass wheels?

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Congrats! We ditched the minivan for a suburban a few years back, and I've never regretted it. There are a few things I miss about the van, but the suburban has been infinitely more reliable and enabled us to do a lot of things that we couldn't have with the van.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Give him time to get it home and buy at least one tank of gas man!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Nope pretty good looking actually.
Though, I am contemplating a lift so would go with bigger wheels and tires.
Keep your eyes peeled for my Expedition thread once it arrives. I’ll post pics and my planned mods!!

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Saturday bump!!
Expedition arrived yesterday went through inspection and dealer prep was done today.
I started pulling my stuff off the van.
Set to pick it up Monday morning!!

————————————————

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Once a mini-van owner, always a mini-van owner.

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Sorry to see you're giving up on the Sienna, and feel bad that my advice didn't ring true for you.

That said I'm in for the speakers as I could use them in our Sienna.

Thanks, and enjoy the new SUV.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
You should spray point "FREE CANDY" on the side before you trade the van in.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
....going on an expedition to see whether a trade is to your ad-vantage you say ????

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I quit with the jabs cuz you started ignoring my posts. I didn't realize I wasn't the only one to keep on it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Once a mini-van owner, always a mini-van owner.

Big Grin

Seriously...sometimes I miss my old Villager...it carried a shitload of shootin' stuff with room to spare Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
It’s too bad the future owner of your van won’t understand its legacy.

They’ll think it’s just another van.

If there was a SigForum museum, Black’s van might be part of the exhibit, on a spinning cut-out in the floor ... yellow fogs illuminated.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Are we talking mini van or naked lady with a sword fighting a dragon mural type van?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your work release. Thankfully never had to do the van thing. You could have converted it into a flower box in the yard to retain all the good memories. Not in for either karma. Enjoy your new wheels.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post