SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Picked up a Minn-Kota Endura max 55lb thrust transom mount motor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a Minn-Kota Endura max 55lb thrust transom mount motor Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Been thinking of one for a couple of years as a back up motor in case my main has an issue.

Had a Cabela's gift card so went for it.

Need to check out my 12v deep cycle battery and then try it out.

Might even have to pick up a smaller boat for it Wink

Any suggestions? Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19181 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Any Minn-kota user's?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19181 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Not in many years but will likely get me and the boys a little
Jon boat in the near future and it will certainly have one.

I borrowed a 60lb Minn-Kota pretty much every fishable weekend my last two years in college. Borrowed trolling motor and rented a boat for $5 a day gave me many a good hours fishing growing up.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Any Minn-kota user's?

I have an Ulterra, so a little different model. Solid brand all around.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I have a 24v minn-Kota Riptide on the bow of my 19' aluminum CC. It has been bulletproof and Makes short work of the currents we get during tide shifts.

I'd get another one if it ever quits.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
What kind of suggestions are you looking for?

I've been using the same 30lb. MK motor for years on my 8 ft. Pelican bass boat for fishing lakes 10-50 acres. It's always been plenty of motor for the task. I loosened the head and spun it around so I could mount it on the front of the boat, since that's where I always sit.

I used to fish bigger lakes from a fiberglass boat and had MinnKotas and Motor Guides over the years. I fished longer and harder back then, and fished around a lot of trees, so those motors, and the mounting brackets, did occasionally suffer breakdowns, but they held up pretty well.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
An electric motor will teach you a lot about batteries. Carrying batteries 250 yards to that electric motor means you remembered everything you learned.

Minnkota is a very good motor. 35# thrust is not really that much unless your fishing in which case it's pretty much enough. It will beat the living shit out of a three foot canoe paddle to cross 1/4 mile of open water in a pleasure boat.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post