SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KitchenAid Downdraft not working, any advice?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KitchenAid Downdraft not working, any advice? Login/Join 
posted
Hey,

We moved into a new house fairly recently and it has a KitchenAid gas stove on an island with a KitchenAid kxd4736yss0 downdraft vent. I'm not familiar with these at all. It doesn't work, the little button on the top just doesn't do anything. We knew this prior to the purchase but I'm just getting around to looking into it.

Does anybody have any suggestions on troubleshooting? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Here is the manual.

https://www.searspartsdirect.c...manual?manualIndex=0

Maybe it has a safety feature and you have to do something to active it.
You have to hold the button down until the vent rises and the fan starts.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have the same unit. The “top” button is a poorly designed switch, and I’ve replaced mine about every 7 years. Fortunately, the chrome panel that runs the length of the top also holds the button assembly. Easy to remove panel (just metal clips-go slowly and pry upwards), then examine/test the button assembly for correct contacts, etc.

Mine has a direct AC line, but you may also want to look for an inline fuse, or a separate circuit at breaker box.

Be safe, Steve
Also, if you are getting any mold on the filters, you’ve got water in your air exhaust ( let know and we can also discuss this fix)

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, I may have the service manual...but it will be Sunday before I can dig it out. Let me know if you need it. Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Seen a few absolutely loaded with grease.

Maybe a cleaning in addition to a repair?

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I got it to go up and down now, one of the vent grates wasn't in. Had to open it up from the inside and push it up.

So now it goes up and down fine but doesn't blow air, any thoughts on that?

Thanks

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post