SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big Black Snake - Photos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Black Snake - Photos Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Poor snake. Frown

They are your friend, unless venomous, or they look like they might be venomous, then it's the flat shovel. Otherwise move them into shade or near rocks.

I freaked someone out the other day doing that. Moved a friendly snake over off the road, they said I was nuts.

Less rodents = good

Meh. Sorry.

I don't have either the time nor the inclination to determine whether or not they are venomous or otherwise dangerous, especially if my foot is about to come down on one of them. They are not unlike spiders in that regard. They die.

I will agree that less rodents is good, but I'll take care of that in other ways that are less potentially dangerous to me, my dog, or kids running around my property.

Anything that slithers or crawls around here dies.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Handsome fella, too bad. They do much more good than harm. Snake like that would keep the copperhead population in check..

^^^ This.

I would love to release a couple dozen black rat snakes around my property. I hate vermin and poisonous snakes, both of which are controlled by black snakes.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother came home from a summer in Fort Riley ,KS , he was in R.O.T.C..

after three days of R&R he showed us picture of his "vacation" Big Grin

One picture of his friend , had him holding a bull snake.

both of his hands were at shoulder height ,at his side, like he was trying to fly.

the head of the snake dangled from hi right hand and his belly was behind his neck and the tail dangled from his left hand. ( over 5 ft. 10 inches long)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SilverWolf
posted Hide Post
Rat snakes protected in FL. Non-venomous and great rodent eaters. They are not aggressive. Cool

Posts: 2425 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post