SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The NFL can expect even lower rating with these actions...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NFL can expect even lower rating with these actions... Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
The anthem can be played before the athletes take the field. Cutting players and blackballing folks isn't even necessary. This will not end well only because the league is not moving forcefully to control the situation.

You are right. Again, the NFL regulates almost every aspect of a player's life from the moment they get to the stadium until 20 or 30 minutes after the game. They fined players $10k for wearing Beats headphones during warmups. Goodell is to blame and he's about to get a 5-year extension.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just getting ready to start my second year with no NFL. With how many of the players are acting, along with the response from the NFL, I feel as though I've exchanged time wasted watching for time better spent.

No wealthy person here, but I'll wager that the members of this forum fit into a demographic that most who advertise on the games would like to influence.

There need be no mass exodus of viewers to gravely impact the league. This, I think we will slowly see come to pass.

Silent

Posts: 1024 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Mine too. I thought that this shit was over and I would actually peek in a few games this season. Not after this. Goodbye NFL.

quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
And my interest in the NFL is about to flatline. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I'm the only person that I know of who cared enough not to watch any games last season. Every football fan on my ship or in my family or friends at home still watched every game every weekend despite being strong American loving conservatives. They all just simply couldn't live without their football every Sunday.

So yeah. Roll Eyes

That's most of them. It's called addiction. It's like a damn religion in Texas. High school, college, NFL, all of it.

I played on multiple teams in youth. Watched pro ball all the way into my 20's. Over time I just started seeing the game in more realistic ways. Owners, such as Jerry Jones, always tax the citizens or homeowners for new stadiums such as Jerry World. I mean they obviously need the city/county to do it for them. The football crazed fans sign off via vote. But to this day I don't know why you'd vote yes when you don't get a cut of the profits for that taxation. Why is a private company asking citizens for anything?

Now the citizens are being taxed for the stadium so do they get discounted tickets? Nope. Prices for seats are ridiculous. Parking, ridiculous, refreshments ridiculous. Then you see the overpaid athletes contracts and it goes from ridiculous to insanity. Then the thousands of talk shows and radio shows covering the whole f'in thing.

Finally you get to the game. 3 hours of commercials to get 30 minutes of action. And every play starts with a man's hands next to another man's genitals. And they all wear tights. They tackle each other, roll around on the ground together, spank each other's asses on the sidelines. For the gladiator sport they call it, it sure seems a bit homosexual.

Then there are the concussions and resulting brain problems, many taking their own life due to it. Now that has been proven, did it change anything? Nope. People are addicted to the NFL like they are addicted to their phone. Seeing these players not stand for the military, for the people who have paid for the US with their lives, well it doesn't surprise me in the least. It's one big shit show. Best thing you can do is turn it off. Instead of being parked on your ass, get out and go do something on Sundays. I hope this pushes people to press their remote control.

I loathe the season starting. I have to hear about it at work every week. Some of these people get angry, depressed, moody, all over a damn game. Roger Goodell and that entire corporate business will never see a dime from me.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Only 2 companies that I will not spend money in. Target and Starbucks.

[/QUOTE]

All due respect but we live in a world where it's not feasible to boycott every person, company, product and service because an opinion differs from our own. Part of freedom is being able to disagree with other opinions no matter how offensive they are while appreciating talent art and ingenuity for what it is.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No new news that the Browns pulled this.
When Sarah Palin was running for vice pres, Joe Thomas from the Browns traveled on a bus with her and her crew around Ohio, campaigning for her.
When he got back with his team, the blacks were all over him, calling him a racist for not being for Obama. They alienated him. He is a Man however and just went right on being a pro bowler year after year.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
2nd Year of no NFL in my house. I sent an email to the NFL stating my reasons.

I will not support any organization that allows its idiot members to disrespect my Flag and my Country.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Too many grown men addicted to worshipping felons play with a ball.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
If you really want to get the attention of the NFL on this issue, you have to hit them where it hurts. Record the games, fast forward to each commercial, note which companies ad it is, and contact those companies saying you won't buy their products if they continue to advertise on a sport that disrespects the flag and the country it represents. If enough advertisers scream, the NFL WILL respond.

Posts: 1500 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

It's the Browns. They haven't had a winning season in a decade, and haven't been truly competitive in nearly three decades. Last season they went 1-15.

You can't lose fans if you don't have any...

Yes, and they really pissed me off too. They were this close to a perfect season; one only the Browns could pull off.

I have very little interest in the NFL. I've about had my fill of them.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Crawl on espn just now (gym tv,not mine) "Very likely a work stoppage for the 2021 season." Don't wait you bastards, do it now!

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
NFL lost me last year and I will not return this year. I hope more players start virtue signaling like this. Then maybe the NFL will start feeling the financial repercussions.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
So I got to wondering: Where does the NFL make its money? Sure enough: TV: How The NFL Makes Money (GME, HRL)

By not physically going to games, but still watching them on TV, you're essentially putting yourself right in their pocket.

A big chunk of that is, naturally, ESPN. And ESPN is beginning to panic. Unbundling, which is gaining steam, is about to hit watching-sports-addicts right where it hurts: Would you pay $36 a month for ESPN?

If it turns out watching-sports-addicts won't pay astronomical fees to feed their habits, ESPN will go the way of the Dodo Bird.

This is a bad time for anybody in the watching sports addiction business to be offending customers.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't pay 36 cents to watch that leftist trash.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
"Jim Brown criticizes Kaepernick-style protests: 'I don't desecrate my flag'

Jim Brown nails it: "“I’m going to give you the real deal: I’m an American,” Brown said. “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I’m not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I’m going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I’ll work out the problems, but I’ll do it in an intelligent manner.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...secrate-my-flag.html

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have been disgusted with the paid thugs in the NFL for many years now. The open support for BLM drove the last nail in the coffin for me.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Finally you get to the game. 3 hours of commercials to get 30 minutes of action. And every play starts with a man's hands next to another man's genitals. And they all wear tights. They tackle each other, roll around on the ground together, spank each other's asses on the sidelines. For the gladiator sport they call it, it sure seems a bit homosexual.

I don't know if it is homosexual or not, but I sure as hell am not going to be the one to go up to any of those guys and even suggest that it is. Big Grin

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keeotee:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

It's the Browns. They haven't had a winning season in a decade, and haven't been truly competitive in nearly three decades. Last season they went 1-15.

You can't lose fans if you don't have any...

Yes, and they really pissed me off too. They were this close to a perfect season; one only the Browns could pull off.

I have very little interest in the NFL. I've about had my fill of them.

I believe the Lions have them beat in that regard. Razz

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:

Jim Brown nails it: "“I’m going to give you the real deal: I’m an American,” Brown said. “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I’m not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I’m going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I’ll work out the problems, but I’ll do it in an intelligent manner.”

Add yet another item to the list of reasons I respect Jim Brown. What a great statement.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I used to work with a legendary sports photographer who did a lot of awesome portraits. He told me that the only time he was intimidated by a subject was when he shot Jim Brown for Sports Illustrated. I'll always remember that.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:

Add yet another item to the list of reasons I respect Jim Brown. What a great statement.