SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The NFL can expect even lower rating with these actions...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NFL can expect even lower rating with these actions... Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Group of Cleveland Browns Players Just Took Kaepernick’s Protest to the Next Level

BY RONAK KALLIANPUR
10 HOURS AGO

Colin Kaepernick doesn’t have to be on an NFL team to watch the continuation of what he started last year.

Before Monday’s preseason game against the New York Giants, 11 Cleveland Browns players took a stance during the national anthem by kneeling, and perhaps praying, in a group.

The players who took a knee during the anthem include:

Chris Kirksey, Seth DeValve, Duke Johnson Jr., Ricardo Louis, Isaiah Crowell, Terrance Magee, Jamar Taylor, Jamie Collins, Gabriel Peppers, Calvin Pryor, and Kenny Britt.

Additionally, there were also several players who stood nearby the players bending their knees seemingly in solidarity.

The Browns have since released an official statement:

“As an organization, we have a profound respect for our country's National Anthem, flag and the servicemen and servicewomen in the United States and abroad. We feel it's important for our team to join in this great tradition and special moment of recognition, at the same time we also respect the great liberties afforded by our country, including the freedom of personal expression."

Head coach Hue Jackson said he supported his players’ right to take a stand as long as it was “peaceful and he had advance notice," ESPN reported.

It's probably safe to expect more of this during the upcoming NFL season.

http://ijr.com/the-declaration...-protest-next-level/

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
And my interest in the NFL is about to flatline. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The NAACP doesn't have to boycott the NFL....The NFL is going to go away on its own.

If I were an owner, I would be more than a little worried about the value of my investment tanking.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
And my interest in the NFL is about to flatline. Roll Eyes

Remember the old video clip where Jerry Glanville (then coach of the Atlanta Falcons) is shouting at a referee, "This is the NFL, which stands for 'not for long' (when you make calls like that)."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5sIzGXJ8mw

I've already decided my interest this fall is going to be on basket weaving, ponytail-tying or some other such full contact sport, rather than football (sorry, skins2881).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
This is NOT going to end well. The owners would be smart to get ahead of this quickly....Otherwise they're playing a game of chicken here, and risk losing HALF of their fan base!

The popularity of the NFL is in decline, and this will only accelerate that trend!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Just another reason not to pay attention to the National Felon League.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Excellent

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The Cleveland Browns miraculously found a way to make me think even less of their shitty team. Bravo.

With all the publicity over Kaperdick I figured there would be copy cats wanting some attention. I'm not surprised at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Most of the NFL players could hardly find a job, any job, without pro football.

These players are killing the golden goose and they are too stupid to know that.

Posts: 19559 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Just another reason not to pay attention to the National Felon League.

Yup! Haven't tuned in since the NFL took the stand to not take a stand.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Before Monday’s preseason game against the New York Giants, 11 Cleveland Browns players took a stance during the national anthem by kneeling, and perhaps praying, in a group.
Hell, as bad as the Browns have been, prayer might not be a bad idea. Roll Eyes

The players I get...they're just overpaid ghetto trash and thugs behaving like, well, ghetto trash and thugs. Its the owners position I don't get. Its been proven this nonsense has hurt the NFL in terms of butts in seats at the games and eyeballs tuning in on TV, yet they make no effort whatsoever to put an end to it while knowing its going to hurt the game and their pocketbook. And that BS press release by the owner of the Browns isn't going to change anything one bit.

Just stupid on parade from one end of the spectrum to the other.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Why can't I be oppressed and get paid millions of dollars to throw a ball around?

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
The owners would be smart to get ahead of this quickly....Otherwise they're playing a game of chicken here, and risk losing HALF of their fan base!

It's the Browns. They haven't had a winning season in a decade, and haven't been truly competitive in nearly three decades. Last season they went 1-15.

You can't lose fans if you don't have any...

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
The players I get...they're just overpaid ghetto trash and thugs behaving like, well, ghetto trash and thugs. Its the owners position I gon't get. Its been proven this nonsense has hurt the NFL in terms of butts in seats at the games and eyeballs tuning in on TV, yet they make no effort whatsoever to put an end to it while knowing its going to hurt their pocketbook. And that BS press release by the owner of the Browns isn't going to change anything one bit.

Because if the owners take a stance against it, they're immediately labeled racists. That's battle drill 1A from the loony left, they have rehearsed it to perfection and executed it to perfection.

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
What is that saying about the definition of insanity?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
The Browns are one level below Pee-Wee. They still shit their pants...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The Cleveland Browns miraculously found a way to make me think even less of their shitty team. Bravo.

With all the publicity over Kaperdick I figured there would be copy cats wanting some attention. I'm not surprised at all.

I'm pretty sure Ohio State could mop the floor with the Browns, they are irrelevant. Fuck em all.

If my Redskins pull this shit, I will still watch, almost nothing would change that. I would send a letter to Bruce Allen, Dan Snyder, Doug Williams, and Tony Wyllie explaining why I would not set foot in their shitty stadium again or buy another piece of Redskins merchandise until it was made clear that all players will observe the National Anthem with respect and save protests for other times.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20808 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imagine the cries of racism when the viewership nears zero in the coming years and the league is disbanded. All those poor millionaire players will have protested themselves right out of the job and have to return to being common thugs.

Know what would be refreshing to see? If these idiots truly believed there's a problem needing a solution, why not pool their resources, and start a non profit foundation to actually get out in their communities and help people? It isn't a racism problem, it's a lack of parenting/mentorship problem. Fix that and you fix everything.

However, we can't do that, we'd rather just act like spoiled brats and be disrespectful to the country in which we can make obscene paychecks for playing a child's game.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
The players I get...they're just overpaid ghetto trash and thugs behaving like, well, ghetto trash and thugs. Its the owners position I gon't get. Its been proven this nonsense has hurt the NFL in terms of butts in seats at the games and eyeballs tuning in on TV, yet they make no effort whatsoever to put an end to it while knowing its going to hurt their pocketbook. And that BS press release by the owner of the Browns isn't going to change anything one bit.

Because if the owners take a stance against it, they're immediately labeled racists. That's battle drill 1A from the loony left, they have rehearsed it to perfection and executed it to perfection.
Perhaps, but I don't buy there being a negative outcome. The fans, the ones who pay the bills and put money in your pockets have told you they don't want this crap and are walking away and tuning out. The folks that scream racism or believe that crap aren't likely going to games. My bet is, the owner that eventually takes a stand and puts an end to any of the garbage he employs disrespecting their fans and this country as a whole wins far more than he loses.

Short of that, I'd recommend running the players back into the club house before the game, do the national anthem in their absence, and then running them back onto the field after. I would not allow them to disrespect me, the organization, the fans, the military, our heritage, and our country.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
If the nfl and the team owners don't put on a squash on this garbage, I'll skip this season just like I did the last one. Just try me. I'm confident I'm not alone in this.

This crap has nothing to do with first amendment rights or freedom of expression. The NFL has every right to shut these American fools down. And if they don't like it, fire them. Period.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post