SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA and its chief spokeswomen are a ‘domestic security threat’
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA and its chief spokeswomen are a ‘domestic security threat’ Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
A U.S. House member called the National Rifle Association and one of its chief spokeswomen a threat to national security.

Rep. Kathleen Rice, New York Democrat, appeared to be responding to NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch noting that Philando Castile was in possession of marijuana when police shot the motorist dead. According to her next tweet five minutes later, that makes the NRA a “domestic security threat.”

“I’m just going to say it. #NRA & @DLoesch are quickly becoming domestic security threats under President Trump. We can’t ignore that,” Ms. Rice said.

At the time of the tweet Ms. Loesch was appearing on Fox News Channel, and when host Mark Steyn told her of Ms. Rice accusation, a surprised Ms. Loesch called it disappointing that a House member would call defense of the Second Amendment a threat.

She later took to Twitter and posted: “Rephrase: An elected gov’t official just labeled me and millions of others ‘domestic security threats.’ Wow.”

Noting that Ms. Rice’s language mirrors justifications of police-state persecutions, Ms. Loesch asked the congresswoman’s Twitter feed directly “will ur secret police wear a certain uniform? I want to know who we should look for when we are all taken into custody.”

Ms. Rice’s 4th Congressional District covers the central and southern parts of Nassau County on New York’s Long Island.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the Democrats. I don't care for Ms. Loesch's style, but the leftists have found a way for me to support her.

Ms. Rice needs to shut her stupid cake hole.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
It never fails to amaze me how cannibalistic Democraps are. Going after women and LBGTblahblah because they have different views. God bless America and Trump. I don't even bother with politics right now knowing he's in office. If I even start to worry, I imagine where we would be with Hillary.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
I don't comment on these stories very often because they are addressed so skillfully by so many here but I must say that I am truly amazed by the depths of stupidity some of these people fall into.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
that makes the NRA a “domestic security threat

She doesn't understand the meaning of at least one of those three words.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess labeling more people as deplorables will really help them next election.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'd say if the NRA were really a threat folks wouldn't need to be told.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
Well, I guess labeling more people as deplorables will really help them next election.

It will probably help among the clueless libs. Heck, it may even be added to her fundraising literature!

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It hasn't so far.

The more these crack pots rattle on about gun threats, the fewer of them there are still in office after the next election.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Since the rhetoric has already been escalated, is it too much to say that Rep. Rice should be in the NRA's "crosshairs" come next election? Eek

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Do we get t-shirts, a hat, or something to commemorate?

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
It hasn't so far.

The more these crack pots rattle on about gun threats, the fewer of them there are still in office after the next election.
Which is why I always view such comments from these nitwits as a net positive. Please, I want them to continue to share their true beliefs with all of us, as it will eventually land them on the endangered species list. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
At what point does dimocratic loose lips become treason? These people clearly are off their rockers!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Well... the whole point of the 2d Amendment is that government should always feel sort of potentially threatened by the people, isn't it?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Well... the whole point of the 2d Amendment is that government should always feel sort of potentially threatened by the people, isn't it?

-Rob

Not if it makes democrats uncomfortable, then it's a threat.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
To a dyed-in-the-wool Libtard, an armed and free populace and a President who favors America first have to be a nightmare.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It turns out that Rep. Rice is the successor to Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, who rose to prominence with the "that thingie that goes up" remark.

In her defense, she also has said that Pelosi needs to go.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

-Rob
"...sort of potentially threatened" my ass. The founders made it abundantly clear that the people having the right/responsibility/ability to overthrow a tyrannical government was key to insuring government understood its boundaries.

quote:
"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Which side of that equation have we been the closest to over the past 40 years? The current paradigm needs to change, and I believe President Trump and his administration has pushed the needle in the right direction.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
ms ricecakes makes the mistake we have seen before when lefties describe (and as they see it, correctly) the nra as a monolith of some nature, 'the gun lobby'. they don't really get that it is an association of somewhat like-minded people who have precisely one thing in common.

When i denigrate planned non-parenthood the defenders defend the organization. when someone puts the bad-mouth on the nra, i defend the constitution, the association and me. it's a different way of thinking about things then the gdc borg has.
i don't even have to like the nra knuckle-heads that won't ever return a phone call. that's a whole different story and for debate with my pals not my adversaries.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Its funny watching these crackpots implode, she actually thought this was a smart comment?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post