SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So, I ordered from Uber Eats
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, I ordered from Uber Eats Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I noticed something interesting with Uber last time I was in Atlanta. Apparently they had some deal one of the car rental companies. All the Uber drivers had the same Nissan Versa. Apparently they rent the cars for months at a time at a discounted rate so they don’t have to use their own cars. They just call in with the mileage at the end of each week.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
is there a minimum $ amount ? when you order
Well, Mickey Ds ain't bringin' you two packets of ketchup, I'll tell you that much.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ImpalaGuy
posted Hide Post
Can you have food delivered to an address where you're not present? I'd like to send food to my wife's (elderly) parents but do all of the payment and coordination on my phone, i.e. all they need to do is answer the door.

Posts: 634 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. I use Uber and Amazon. I pay through the app/website and they follow the directions given.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I noticed something interesting with Uber last time I was in Atlanta. Apparently they had some deal one of the car rental companies. All the Uber drivers had the same Nissan Versa. Apparently they rent the cars for months at a time at a discounted rate so they don’t have to use their own cars. They just call in with the mileage at the end of each week.

Wow. Everyone’s got an angle. Now I feel like takeout pizza for dinner. Hmm.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty handy when I'm on the road for work, I've got a bunch of work to do at hotel/motel that evening and can't break-away. Pull-up the app, find whatever cuisine I'm in the mood for and order it up. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not so much but, it's a very convenient tool.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I recently tried the “Door Dash” app. There is a wings restaurant who used to deliver and no longer does, but I didn’t feel like going to get the order so I found this Door Dash delivered for them. The delivery was free but I gave a tip of course. Now that I have the app, I can look up restaurants they deliver for and some are free delivery and some have a delivery fee unless you order a certain amount. I was happy with the service.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find our modern conveniences both very cool, and very disturbing, in equal measures. Eek

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
we ordered two Mushroom and Swiss Burgers and twenty wings.
Did it come with bad mayonnaise?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
we ordered two Mushroom and Swiss Burgers and twenty wings.
Did it come with bad mayonnaise?

I see what you did there.

I think you've got to be a long-time forum member to get that one Smile As I recall, that earned someone a CUT. Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here in South Florida Uber has a deal with one of the car rental companies. I think it's Hertz, the driver pays $200 a week and the car rental company provides the car, insurance and any maintenance and they can put unlimited miles on the car.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Wife and I have used DoorDash at home and I use it at the office to buy my employees lunch on occasion.

Ill tell you when its great. Post workout/shower and you dont feel like getting dressed, and have had a beverage or two...

She and I sit on the patio most Friday nights and have an adult beverage, so if we havent eaten before, that is usually how we do dinner.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is Uber Eats a different app? I have used Uber a few times and was very pleased. I'll never take a taxi again if I can help it.

Where I live delivery is pretty much limited to the "big three", Dominos, Papa John's, and Pizza Hut.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
ridgerat,

Can you e-mail me, please?

E-mail is in my profile.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

Here in South Florida Uber has a deal with one of the car rental companies. I think it's Hertz, the driver pays $200 a week and the car rental company provides the car, insurance and any maintenance and they can put unlimited miles on the car.

That is seeping into car sales too. BMW, Volvo, Ford, Porsche, etc... are offering car subscriptions. Basically you pay a high monthly lease payment but it’s month to month. The payments start at $600 per month and include all your insurance, tags, maintenance, etc.. the nice part about it is that you can change the car monthly if you want. BMW will offer tiers and for instance tier one might be 2 series, 3 series, x1, and x3. Tier 2 will get you convertibles and maybe an entry level M240i. It’s basically a car rental but you get to keep the car for as long as you need within the lease window. It would be nice to switch cars out from SUV in the winter to convertible in the summer.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

I took an Uber home from the airport earlier this week and my driver said something along those lines but not through a car rental company. She said it was through Uber. Or maybe it's indirectly through the car rental company? I don't know. But the point is it wasn't her car and she didn't pay for maintenance on it. She did say she was charged a fixed amount each week and that she could put unlimited miles on the car.

I've taken Uber 4 times in the past 3 weeks. Definitely a unique system they have and made themselves the target of the taxi industry.

The founder was a genius to come up with this idea.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Is Uber Eats a different app? I have used Uber a few times and was very pleased. I'll never take a taxi again if I can help it.

Where I live delivery is pretty much limited to the "big three", Dominos, Papa John's, and Pizza Hut.

Yes, Uber Eats is a separate app from the normal Uber.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post