SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So, I ordered from Uber Eats
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, I ordered from Uber Eats Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I didn't feel like cooking or going to the store or having pizza delivered, so I tried Uber Eats, at the wife's suggestion. I installed the app on my Android phone and watched the progress of my order. The app showed me a pic of my delivery guy, beaming a huge smile. He had the same smile when he showed up. I tipped him bigly. Everyone went away happy. The End. Thank you.

Sorry to disappoint those of you who were expecting a rant. Big Grin

The app even tells you where is the driver, and when they are coming down your street. It's a not an inexpensive way to get food delivered, nor was it what I would describe as fast, but it was fun.

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Is it so easy a caveman like me can do it?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It is. Wink

Install the app on your phone, make your selections from the available menus, and you, too, can be an Uber Eats customer.

This is not something we'll do often, because it's kinda slow and there is a delivery fee, but if you have nothing in the house to eat, don't feel like going out or ordering pizza again, Uber Eats is a viable option.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
My daughter has used them when ordering from a few local restaurants, said everything was delivered as you stated, by a smiling person and they tracked the delivery the whole way,

This is a pretty good idea, more restaurants will offer delivery if they don't have to staff a driver or cover any liability for said employee.

Posts: 23428 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Also, you can schedule a delivery ahead of time, specify a particular time frame (half hour increments) to have your food delivered.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Come on now you aren't even going to let us know what you ordered????

Is it a flat delivery fee or do you pay based upon an order?

I had never had food delivered to my house until last year. The HVAC guys were replacing my entire upstairs system so it was a 2 day job Thursday and Friday. I had pizza delivered for them for lunch as I was not sure if I would be able to sneak home from lunch. And I have found that if folks are doing lots of work at your place and you provide food and beverage while they are working the work is much better. So this Uber Eats may be a good possibility in the future to expand the food options from pizza.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I need to try this. Such a great idea.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
For those of us at the ends of the earth (aka MS), another similar option in markets without UberEats is Waitr. Same concept, slightly less technically advanced but still convenient. Not cheap, with add on fees, delivery and tip, but when it's raining sideways and you want pizza from the local Pizza Shack that doesn't deliver, it's worth the extra 12 bucks or so.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Careful Para. Next you'll be joining facebook and start posting to the world from the toilet how you just woke up and are enjoying your coffee on the throne...

It's a slippery slope.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Good post, I was wondering.
I saw a sign in front of a McDonalds yesterday and wondered just what it meant. (were they just advertising on the Uber ap, or did they deliver)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thanks for the info. Have been thinking about trying this or DoorDash. Will NEVER ever even remotely think about using GrubHub...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Come on now you aren't even going to let us know what you ordered????
From Three Dollar Cafe, we ordered two Mushroom and Swiss Burgers and twenty wings.

Now, food, fees, tip and all- a bit more than 50 bucks, so, this is a 'sometimes' thing only.

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
That's great. I haven't had a bad experience with Uber yet.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
..... two Mushroom and Swiss Burgers and twenty wings....

Sir, would you like fries with that?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10922 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
TDC burgers come with fries, thank you.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Three Dollar Cafe

Might need to do a road trip if the wings
are as good as they say.

Posts: 23428 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Para,

You should consider downloading Postmates, DoorDash, GrubHub, Eat24, and Amazon Restaurants in addition to UberEATs. Download whichever ones have a presence in your 'hood.

At any given moment, there's a high likelihood that at least one of those apps will have some sort of promotion for free delivery, discounts for specific restaurants or categories of food (Pizza discounts for 3.14/Pie Day, for instance).

My philosophy is to never pay full price if I can avoid it. If I absolutely must pay full price for food, it's gonna be an employer's dime or at a shady little mom & pop place that have impossibly low prices because it's mostly cash based.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
Been driving on and off for a few years now (regular Uber). Thinking of registering my RSX coupe to deliver Uber Eats. Not as strict age requirements on the Eats side for the cars. Plus you get the write offs. Big Grin

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is there a minimum $ amount ? when you order

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I drive for Uber on weekends. Drivers can opt-in to do UberEats deliveries, transport passengers, or both. And they can toggle this on or off in their app.

Here in Tucson, the delivery fees range from $4.99 to $6.99 per order, typically based on distance. The driver gets a percentage of that fee. You can tip, and the driver will receive all of it.

The food prices are the same as if you were in the restaurant. I have never seen any minimum order limits, and I have a few times delivered one cup of McCoffee.

Once you download the app, you will see what restaurants in the area are using the service, the menu, prices, delivery charge, and time for delivery.

Also, note that once the order has been picked up, you can text the driver through the app, to give delivery instructions.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post