SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gillette has gone full SJW retard with new marketing video **8/2 UPDATE- P&G takes $8 billion loss at Gillette division**
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gillette has gone full SJW retard with new marketing video **8/2 UPDATE- P&G takes $8 billion loss at Gillette division** Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Interesting analysis, P220 Smudge.

I don’t especially like the process of shaving, but I can’t stand not being shaved. I had surgery recently and it was enough to skip shaving for one day—something I had not done in literally years. It didn’t occur to me that other men might not shave because they really don’t like the process due to blades, techniques, etc.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Walmart - Van Der Hagen blades. Five pack of blades made in Germany...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Van...des-5-count/37482631

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:
Try the Dorco prime blades. Downside is they are made in Vietnam.

What is wrong with the blades made in Vietnam? Are they lower quality?

They are excellent quality. Close to my favored Astra or 7 o'clock blades. Some of our older forum members may look askance on any product produced in Vietnam. I myself am not real happy about it. Previous Dorco blades I had used were made in S. Korea.

I’ll check them out, then. I got both varieties of Astra in a sampler pack and a Gillette 7 o’clock yellow as well. The Astras are a P&G brand.

Which one of these?
https://www.westcoastshaving.com/collections/dorco

None of those.

Go over to Dorco USA web site. Look for Prime Platinum blades.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Ughhh, I just ran out of the back stock I had for a Gillette Mach sumthin.....I bought some target replacements for the handle and they tug and pull.

I shave in the shower, can’t get any more wet or hotter.....

Maybe it’s time for a Harry’s brand.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Just bought a Dorco 3 blade version razor. The name is amusing. The price was great. Not being Gillette is the best. Hopefully the shave is not atrocious.

Posts: 3145 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
After the last go-a-round with these guys, I went with Dorco 4 blade system I like it a lot.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Just tried a Harry’s brand...it doesn’t tug like the target brand Gillette replacement cartridges.

I do like the single razor on the top of the cartridge for trimming sideburns

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Schick is every bit as good as Gillette. I made the switch and I am very pleased.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After being a Gillette customer since about 1971, I started looking around at other brands after their first SJW commercial. After trying a few different brands it now looks like I am going to settle on Harry's. I really did not want to order blades by mail but when I spotted them in Wal-Mart I said "why not" and have been quite satisfied with the result. I for one will never understand the concept of SJW idiocy and razor blades!

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I tried Harry's and did not like them, don't get me wrong; they look great and make good stuff but their razor blade angle was one that kept making me cut and razor burn my face.

Tried Dorco shavers and blades from a recommendation here and loved them, been using them for 3+ years now.

IIRC, Dorco makes most if not all of Dollar Shave Club's products

Dorco Razors/Blades

Posts: 33800 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Just bought a Dorco 3 blade version razor. The name is amusing. The price was great. Not being Gillette is the best. Hopefully the shave is not atrocious.
I think you'll find it very satisfactory. I've been using the 3-blade system for a couple of years now. Me likey... Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I have had about 7 shaves with the 3-blade Dorco and am rather pleased with it. I think this may be my new standard razor. Smile

Posts: 3145 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I use the Dorco Pace 6 6-blade razors for my neck (I have a beard) and the Pace Comfort Thin II 2-blade razors for my head (I'm a baldie) and they are both EXCELLENT!

They always have good deals going on and free shipping. I'm never going back to anything else especially stupid Woke Gillette.

Posts: 33800 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I switched to Harry's this past weekend. Target and Wal-Mart carry blades (Target actually remodeled and set-up a shaving boutique area). I'll switch to Shick disposables for travel.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Harry's razor the other day at Walmart and I have to say I'm impressed with it. Gives a nice close shave with very little bloodletting. I've been shaving with a Merkur DE after Gillette's latest stupid SJW stunt but the Harry's razor gives me a faster shave. I like the DE for the minimal cost but that one area under my jaw I can never get with it. No problem with the Harry's razor.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Gillette’s “Woke” Ad That Insulted Men Cost P&G Billions

The personal product-driven mega-corporation Proctor & Gamble had a pretty successful run last quarter, even beating Wall Street predictions. Only one of their brands found themselves deeply in the negative, and it just so happens to be the one that insulted its customer base in the name of being “woke.”

According to Reuters, Gillette suffered a net loss of billions of dollars last quarter. That’s billions with a “b”:

However, P&G reported a net loss of about $5.24 billion, or $2.12 per share, for the quarter ended June 30, due to an $8 billion non-cash writedown of Gillette . For the same period last year, P&G’s net income was $1.89 billion, or 72 cents per share.

According to Reuters, P&G chalked the billions in dollars lost up “to foreign exchange fluctuations, increased competition and a contracting market for blades and razors as consumers in developed markets shave less frequently.”

They’re partly right. A net loss of that much money can only mean that those who do shave have abandoned Gillette en masse, and rightly so. Gillette’s commercial that blanketed the male gender with the accusation of “toxic masculinity” while using feminist buzzwords and clips of hard-left news organizations was one of the most hated commercials of the past decade.

As P&G continued to see profits go up for all of their brands, Gillette began suffering profit drops that were revealed last April. Apparently, the drops never stopped.

Perhaps P&G isn’t willing to come forward yet with the fact that they made a monumental error in assuming men would take the “toxic masculinity” commercial well, but they should soon. The brand is damaged enough to lose billions, and men aren’t coming back, especially with cheaper alternatives embracing men for who they are and not assuming the worst about them.

I personally go out of my way to not buy Gillette products of any kind over the insult and I know many men who do the same. The commercial wasn’t just a call to fight toxic masculinity, it was an attack on men from a company known to create commercials that specialize in attacking the male gender.

The sooner P&G fires whoever thought this was a good idea and begins to move toward making amends with its customer base, the better, but it may be politically stuck now. Walking back their stance may cause them a lot of trouble with the SJW community who know how to raise a mob.

As I’ve said before, however, the mob is more bark than bite. If P&G can show some backbone and apologize, they will invite the wrath of the SJW mob but they may begin to staunch the blood flow from a very still-wide wound.

https://www.redstate.com/brand...en-cost-pg-billions/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their commercial now has a Fireman on it.
He has sensitive skin.
I am guessing that as Firemen go, he is woke.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I just wanna buy razors. Not have a buncha SJW harpies tell me I’m wrong to rape up on chicks. FU Gillette.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I'm a satisfied Harry's customer now. I ditched all my Gillette stuff and switched to Barbasol cream.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Good, fuck Gillette. I wish them the worst.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post