SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging appliance Brad: Wall oven racks no longer fit? Ideas?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging appliance Brad: Wall oven racks no longer fit? Ideas? Login/Join 
Cut and plug
posted
So we have a frigidaire wall oven that is about 2.5 years old. The big issue we are having is that our racks no longer fit correctly, if you put a little bit of weight on them they fall to the bottom of the oven.

The racks do not appear to be warped. It looks like the sides of the oven are warped.

I have already checked to see if there are larger racks available I have not found any. The oven was not used on self clean with the racks in.

My wife told me that she had noticed them fitting a little bit looser earlier this year and it didn't concern her at the time because it wasn't a major issue. Now I am stuck with an oven that is not safe to cook in because it can't support any weight.

Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to replace the oven?

Conveniently enough for the manufacturer it is out of warranty and judging by my last experience with them for our dishwasher it really wouldn't matter if it was in warranty.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Oven can is warped out of spec. The only real fix is to replace the oven unfortunately. Start with a call to their 800 #. You will likely have to go up the food chain. It depends on your patience and persistence.

I've seen this once or twice in my career. I've seen rod welded to the outside of the racks to make them wider. Short of that, you need a new oven one way or the other.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My 6 month old Frigidaire oven has the back bar of the rack split in half and sagging a bit. I'm worried it's going to start collapsing too.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad, I'll start dealing with them next week.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine did that also, it was 2 years old. We ended up raising cain and got a better stove in its place. Had to pay some extra.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
bgouker: what brand did you have if you don't mind me asking?

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
^-- the point of my post was, as you and I have both discovered, something other than Frigidaire. Two of my major appliances are newer Frigidaire and both have had defects.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
OZshadow,
Good point, I have been thouroughly unhappy with the frigidaire appliances.

posted Hide Post
How hot do you have to get oven to warp it or is there a defect in the design?

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
My 6 month old Frigidaire oven has the back bar of the rack split in half and sagging a bit. I'm worried it's going to start collapsing too.

E-mail me, I can help with that.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
How hot do you have to get oven to warp it or is there a defect in the design?

I've found that aside from refrigerators, Frigidaire appliances leave very little to be desired and that Whirlpools seem to be the best reasonably priced appliances.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post