SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nominee announced for new FBI Director
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nominee announced for new FBI Director Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Christopher Wray

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...be-fbi-director.html

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Interesting. He was Chris Christie's lawyer during Bridgegate.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes, interesting. Hard to comment more than that since I really know nothing about him other than that he was a lawyer from NJ and part of one of the biggest and most well known law firms in the country.

How long until the confirmation hearings?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Assistant attorney general to George W. May very well be a good pick.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Assistant attorney general to George W. May very well be a good pick.
??

Did you read the thread?

posted Hide Post
Seems to me an FBI agent that was an experienced investigator and had worked his way through the ranks would have been a better choice. Then again, maybe those qualifications are what the Assistant Director needs to have.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, yeah, let's second-guess the President, because there surely is not enough of that stuff going on these days.

Please, gents, do tell us why this decision about which you have no knowledge why it was made, is a bad decision, and now that the decision has been made, please do tell us who you think would make a better choice, since that's not at all pointless. Not at all.

Geez Louise!

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
Seems to me an FBI agent that was an experienced investigator and had worked his way through the ranks would have been a better choice. Then again, maybe those qualifications are what the Assistant Director needs to have.

He's worked for DOJ. He knows what's going on.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:

Yes, I understand that and it does have merit. However, it would be kind of like a JAG officer who's an expert in operational law commanding the US Army Special Operations Command. Unless he's actually "been there and done that," it's kind of hard for the rank-and-file to have a lot of confidence in him as their leader.

- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Since the SF is about my only trusted news source. Where are we with SCJ nominee?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:

Yes, I understand that and it does have merit. However, it would be kind of like a JAG officer who's an expert in operational law commanding the US Army Special Operations Command. Unless he's actually "been there and done that," it's kind of hard for the rank-and-file to have a lot of confidence in him as their leader.

Nonsense. Law enforcement works for lawyers in prosecuting officers all the time, exclusively. Whether they do so with confidence may be a matter of individual personalities, but it is so common as to be usual and customary.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
So, I assume this needs senate confirmation or something. Will this be a quick process from here?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
So, I assume this needs senate confirmation or something. Will this be a quick process from here?

Yes on confirmation.

Who knows how quickly. The nominee has been confirmed to a DOJ job before, so he has been vetted to that extent.

It depends on political advantage and disadvantage. If there is advantage, he will go through on the nod. If there is political hay to be made, stand by.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Since the SF is about my only trusted news source. Where are we with SCJ nominee?

Which one are you referring to? Supreme Court Justice?

If so, Neil Gorsuch was confirmed and took office on April 7.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nonsense. Law enforcement works for lawyers in prosecuting officers all the time, exclusively. Whether they do so with confidence may be a matter of individual personalities, but it is so common as to be usual and customary.

Absolutely true, of course law enforcement works for the prosecutors. But how often does a former prosecutor from the DA's office, who has never responded to a call or walked the beat, been made Chief of Police? Why should the FBI be any different, especially when this prosecutor has specialized in white collar crime and has never dealt with terrorism, undoubtedly our biggest threat?

- David Horowitz

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Of all the names I heard tossed around for this position, I can't remember hearing this one.

President Trump has made excellent decisions thus far (IMO) so I'm trusting his judgment here.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Absolutely true, of course law enforcement works for the prosecutors. But how often does a former prosecutor from the DA's office, who has never responded to a call or walked the beat, been made Chief of Police? Why should the FBI be any different, especially when this prosecutor has specialized in white collar crime and has never dealt with terrorism, undoubtedly our biggest threat?

FBI agents are different than police. They don't walk beats, respond to ordinary calls, write traffic tickets, investigate traffic accidents, get cats out of trees, etc. Agents are far better trained as a rule. They don't wear those goofy outfits and funny hats. It used to be that virtually all FBI were either attorneys or accountants, although that may not be true to the extent in the past.

Most police don't deal with terrorism as that has come to be thought of, beyond the hoodlums at the local pool hall.

No FBI Director has ever been a chief of police, and maybe none have been policemen.

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Well said, Jim.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Impressive credentials. Educated at Andover, Yale for undergrad and Yale Law. Yep, very impressive.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bamajeepster, yes that was what I was asking. I guess I missed it as some of these threads get a bit lengthy. Appreciate it. And hearing that made my day! Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post