SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sorry Your Soul Got Ate Jim Comey
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sorry Your Soul Got Ate Jim Comey Login/Join 
Picture of HighZonie
posted
.....Uh BTW... Are you really sure you ever had one??? Roll Eyes

This guy is amazing! I marvel at his constant analysis, "insightful" self-probing, pseudo-psychological introspection and projection. Jim, where is the unseen hand of the universe? Why is it not guiding all events in your life?

Face it Jim- You did a lot of stupid stuff, and you hung around with many others who also did stupid stuff. And yes, you COLLUDED with them in an attempt to fix the election and ruin Donald Trump. You thought you were right, and of course, the ends would justify the means.

The jig is up Jim. You and many others will have a lot of answering to do.

If you do have any soul and if it were actually eaten it would surely be instantly regurgitated.

That is all.

Jim's Op Ed NYT > https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...-barr-testimony.html

Fox News Story on the Op Ed > https://www.foxnews.com/politi...trump-eats-your-soul

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
What a pathetic POS Comey is. He was rightfully fired. Probably deserves prison time.
But he won't stop with the fake righteous indignation and the moralizing about how much better he is than Trump. Of course, the NYT audience will eat it up. The left absolutely hates Trump, which gives Comey cover.

But people Comey still can't figure out why a majority of people could vote for a man like Trump. This is part of a continuous attack on all of us.

Here's the full NYT Op Ed:

Opinion : James Comey: How Trump Co-opts Leaders Like Bill Barr

Accomplished people lacking inner strength can’t resist the compromises necessary to survive this president.

By James Comey

People have been asking me hard questions. What happened to the leaders in the Trump administration, especially the attorney general, Bill Barr, who I have said was due the benefit of the doubt?

How could Mr. Barr, a bright and accomplished lawyer, start channeling the president in using words like “no collusion” and F.B.I. “spying”? And downplaying acts of obstruction of justice as products of the president’s being “frustrated and angry,” something he would never say to justify the thousands of crimes prosecuted every day that are the product of frustration and anger?

How could he write and say things about the report by Robert Mueller, the special counsel, that were apparently so misleading that they prompted written protest from the special counsel himself?

How could Mr. Barr go before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday and downplay President Trump’s attempt to fire Mr. Mueller before he completed his work?

And how could Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, after the release of Mr. Mueller’s report that detailed Mr. Trump’s determined efforts to obstruct justice, give a speech quoting the president on the importance of the rule of law? Or on resigning, thank a president who relentlessly attacked both him and the Department of Justice he led for “the courtesy and humor you often display in our personal conversations”?

What happened to these people?

I don’t know for sure. People are complicated, so the answer is most likely complicated. But I have some idea from four months of working close to Mr. Trump and many more months of watching him shape others.

Amoral leaders have a way of revealing the character of those around them. Sometimes what they reveal is inspiring. For example, James Mattis, the former secretary of defense, resigned over principle, a concept so alien to Mr. Trump that it took days for the president to realize what had happened, before he could start lying about the man.

But more often, proximity to an amoral leader reveals something depressing. I think that’s at least part of what we’ve seen with Bill Barr and Rod Rosenstein. Accomplished people lacking inner strength can’t resist the compromises necessary to survive Mr. Trump and that adds up to something they will never recover from. It takes character like Mr. Mattis’s to avoid the damage, because Mr. Trump eats your soul in small bites.

It starts with your sitting silent while he lies, both in public and private, making you complicit by your silence. In meetings with him, his assertions about what “everyone thinks” and what is “obviously true” wash over you, unchallenged, as they did at our private dinner on Jan. 27, 2017, because he’s the president and he rarely stops talking. As a result, Mr. Trump pulls all of those present into a silent circle of assent.

Speaking rapid-fire with no spot for others to jump into the conversation, Mr. Trump makes everyone a co-conspirator to his preferred set of facts, or delusions. I have felt it — this president building with his words a web of alternative reality and busily wrapping it around all of us in the room.

I must have agreed that he had the largest inauguration crowd in history because I didn’t challenge that. Everyone must agree that he has been treated very unfairly. The web building never stops.

From the private circle of assent, it moves to public displays of personal fealty at places like cabinet meetings. While the entire world is watching, you do what everyone else around the table does — you talk about how amazing the leader is and what an honor it is to be associated with him.

Sure, you notice that Mr. Mattis never actually praises the president, always speaking instead of the honor of representing the men and women of our military. But he’s a special case, right? Former Marine general and all. No way the rest of us could get away with that. So you praise, while the world watches, and the web gets tighter.

Next comes Mr. Trump attacking institutions and values you hold dear — things you have always said must be protected and which you criticized past leaders for not supporting strongly enough. Yet you are silent. Because, after all, what are you supposed to say? He’s the president of the United States.

You feel this happening. It bothers you, at least to some extent. But his outrageous conduct convinces you that you simply must stay, to preserve and protect the people and institutions and values you hold dear. Along with Republican members of Congress, you tell yourself you are too important for this nation to lose, especially now.

You can’t say this out loud — maybe not even to your family — but in a time of emergency, with the nation led by a deeply unethical person, this will be your contribution, your personal sacrifice for America. You are smarter than Donald Trump, and you are playing a long game for your country, so you can pull it off where lesser leaders have failed and gotten fired by tweet.

Of course, to stay, you must be seen as on his team, so you make further compromises. You use his language, praise his leadership, tout his commitment to values.

And then you are lost. He has eaten your soul.

James Comey is the former F.B.I. director and author of “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...-barr-testimony.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
No human can eat what you sold to satan a long time ago, Comey.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I think Comey is certifiably insane. He is plainly delusional besides being a self-important prick. No doubt to me that he broke the law (multiple times) & should be in jail.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
I think Comey is certifiably insane. He is plainly delusional besides being a self-important prick. No doubt to me that he broke the law (multiple times) & should be in jail.

+1

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why don't you post some more of thse stupid fucking pics of you staring at tall trees, Jim?

'cause that shit's deep, brah. You're this far from becoming a telepathic shaman. Roll Eyes

I mean, it's almost like you're saying that you know stuff that you're not telling us, and that is deep, brah. So impressed am I.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a pant load. It is hard to imagine that anyone who could write that tripe was able to advance to a high level in any bureaucracy. It reads like the crap we see written by 16 year old high school SJWs.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1492 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I wonder if his book publisher ever made back what they advanced him, or if his movie deal is still in the works. I really wonder how this stuff ever pencils out for the folks who pay huge advances.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HighZonie:
.....Uh BTW... Are you really sure you ever had one??? Roll Eyes

This guy is amazing! I marvel at his constant analysis, "insightful" self-probing, pseudo-psychological introspection and projection. Jim, where is the unseen hand of the universe? Why is it not guiding all events in your life?

Face it Jim- You did a lot of stupid stuff, and you hung around with many others who also did stupid stuff. And yes, you COLLUDED with them in an attempt to fix the election and ruin Donald Trump. You thought you were right, and of course, the ends would justify the means.

The jig is up Jim. You and many others will have a lot of answering to do.

If you do have any soul and if it were actually eaten it would surely be instantly regurgitated.

That is all.

Well done, HighZonie, thanks.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
'How Trump Co-Opts Leaders Like Bill Barr., proximity to an amoral leader, eats your soul in small bites.
"And then you are lost. He has eaten your soul," Comey concluded.

So, we can add one more Trump accomplishment to the list? You're saying that by firing you, Trump has saved your soul? Roll Eyes

Nice try, buddy. You already turned your soul over to Hillary when you covered for her, Loretta, and Obama:

FBI Director James Comey spoke to reporters about Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while serving as secretary of state. He said that although the investigation found extremely “careless” behavior by Secretary Clinton and her staff in their handling of sensitive information, the FBI concluded that no charges were appropriate and that the agency believes no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps old Jim is setting the stage for an insanity plea when the shit hits the fan!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I wonder if his book publisher ever made back what they advanced him, or if his movie deal is still in the works. I really wonder how this stuff ever pencils out for the folks who pay huge advances.

Or the book deal was a simple payoff. Books and go fund me are excellent ways to grift without being obvious. Baltimore's mayor shouldn't have been so greedy.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
"People have been asking me hard questions."

Just wait.

You ain't seen nothin' yet, Jimmy boy. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Perhaps old Jim is setting the stage for an insanity plea when the shit hits the fan!!

I heard the motherfucker interviewed on NPR. He is not just crazy, he is Superman Bizarro World bat-shit crazy... the whole cabal of them...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit surprised the little pissant isn't one of the 20 democrats running for president.

His ego is certainly large enough.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Does anyone actually think Comey (or anyone else in this fiasco) will see a day in jail?

I do not.

And due to that, it will happen again.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ I fear you're right. Frown

My old granddaddy used to say he was glad to be old so he wouldn't have to dead with [whatever shit]. Little did he know...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Does anyone actually think Comey (or anyone else in this fiasco) will see a day in jail?

I do not.

And due to that, it will happen again.

Has a man like Donald Trump ever been President? Trump holds all the cards- He's not going to let this stand.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If you guys are right, jjones and Jim Shugart-- it will not only happen again, but it will be much worse next time. And still worse the time after that. Traitors are emboldened by success.

If they do not go to prison, that will effectively be the end of free elections in the US, because every election will be crooked, and everyone will know that elections are crooked.

I believe that Trump and Barr both know this. And will not let our country disintegrate into bottomless corruption.

I could be wrong. Only time will tell. And the time frame is not long: we'll see what's what in the next month or, at the latest, two months.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post