SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Sienna owners know how to remove the middle row sliders??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Sienna owners know how to remove the middle row sliders?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I have the center row passenger seat out but the slider is still on the tracks. The only instructions or videos I can find remove just the seat. I want to remove the slider as well so the kids aren't stepping on it and I can put a rug over the tracks so frackers, goldfish, and other crap keeps from falling in them.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the Sienna forum on this issue. Also another link to a PDF of additional instructions. I would read the thread in the first link, has info on warranty issues. For Sienna owners, a pretty good forum.

I don't own a Sienna, but pretty much decided to buy a new 2017 L or LE at the end of the year. I plan to use it as a cargo van for my business for two years, then convert back to a passenger van.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
You have got to be shitting me!!!!!
That settles it I am getting rid of this poorly engineered thing and getting an Odyssey.
If you have 3 car seats don't even think of considering the Sienna.

————————————————

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I looked at and test drove both and liked the Sienna better. The Odyssey seemed to need a bit more "attention" while driving while the Sienna was more of a plush, softer ride. I liked the interior of the Sienna. Plus I have a friend who has a 6 year old Odyssey and basically replaced the tranny last year. An old neighbor of mine had her Sienna for 7 years and has been like a clock, no problems.

Plus I don't have young children to haul around, just boxes of computer gear, cables, monitors, etc. The sliders on the seat rails don't bother me, they won't interfere with my intended purpose anyways.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Chrysler Pacifica, its seats fold down flush in the floor.

I really like ours.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Take a look at the Chrysler Pacifica, its seats fold down flush in the floor.

I really like ours.

I looked at them they are just too new and I don't have the coin for them.
I need to look into their car seat possibilities too. I did not pay attention to that when I bought.
I just figured 3 car seats in a minivan would not be an issue. Boy was I wrong. Thank goodness for ratchet straps as that along with standard seatbelts is how I have 2 in right now.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The 8 seat Pacifica will fit my needs for the car seats.
The older Town and Country must have had the same moron design it as the Sienna. One set of latch anchors in the rear seat. Seriously??

Pacifica is a bit out of the budget still as 2017s are the newest. I am looking at 2014s.
Honda may be my only option.

————————————————

You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
The odyssey won't disappoint

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2246 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:

That seems to be an accepted theme. Everything I've read about them ravs about how great they are. Neighbor has a Odyssey.

We're still in the decision phase between minivan and Highlander. Might end up going Highlander because of extra ground clearance.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by cheeze:

That seems to be an accepted theme. Everything I've read about them ravs about how great they are. Neighbor has a Odyssey.

We're still in the decision phase between minivan and Highlander. Might end up going Highlander because of extra ground clearance.

What are your needs?? More than 2 kids I would go van.
We have a Highlander and it is great if you only have 2 kiddos. It sits a lot now as 3 kids in it is nearly impossible and not worth the hassle.

————————————————