SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What to look for in auto window tint?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to look for in auto window tint? Login/Join 
posted
I need to get the front two windows of my SUV tinted.
I see Groupons for some local places and the costs vary as do the type of tint mentioned, etc.
What should I be looking for? A particular brand or material, etc??
I live in South Florida so I want to protect the interior and reduce heat...nothing too dark - just within legal limits and to match the rear windows best I can.
Thanks!

Posts: 231 | Location: FLORIDA | Registered: November 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I just put the 3M Crystaline or whatever they call it. I put zero % tint on the windshield and it really blocks the heat well for 0% tint. Seems to keep things reasonably cool inside when out in the sun. Also matched the front windows to the rear.

Posts: 1768 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to Zebart and got their ceramic tint.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Get ceramic or nano.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
There are some clearly better than others, but when I researched this I came to the same conclusion that many of the HVAC discussions here on the forum.

The installer is more important than the product.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15694 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get the best grade of 3M, no other brand. The 3M crystaline is excellent if you don't want to darken.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post