SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UK's not as bad as you think, it's much worse...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK's not as bad as you think, it's much worse... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, stabbings in London are at their highest level in 6 years and the overall UK rate is up 21% in the 12 months ending in Sep 2017. You go UK police!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
But hey Uk Bobbies will confiscate your Leatherman multitool as a WMD.

How the might have fallen.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I 'm very sad for the country. It was great and the majority of it's people are fine folk getting the screwing of their lives by their government.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The UK needs a Donald Trump.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The UK didn't get here overnight. Their gun control came in phases and I think it started in the early 1900s.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
The UK didn't get here overnight. Their gun control came in phases and I think it started in the early 1900s.

Indeed it did. Until the early 1930's, you could walk into a post office, buy a 'gun license' for five shillings [about a dollar] and then go into a gun store and buy a Thompson...

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
tac, forgive me if I’m out of line, but...in past years when members of this forum made disparaging remarks about firearms ownership and use laws in the UK, haven’t you come to the defense of your country’s laws, indicated that the criticism was unjustified, and listed firearms that you own and the events you attend with them? Offhand, I cannot think of another forum member from the UK.

Not at all, Sir.

I have NEVER defended the mostly ridiculous and draconian firearms laws in this country, mainly because I suffer from their application just like any other legal gun owner. I DO own a number of firearms, and I DO shoot them all regularly [in fact, I'm leaving in a few minutes for my Wednesday session].

What I DO have to do is to put up with them, and live them, since neither I nor any other legal shooter can change them one jot, or take up another sport.

So please carry on making disparaging remarks - after all, I hope that my responses as to how gun law operates over here would serve in a small way to clarify them without excusing them in any way.

Best

tac

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I guess that 1776 thing was a good plan!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I guess that 1776 thing was a good plan!

Best thing you ever did, Sir. If I'd been alive at the time I'd have been right there with you.

If there's one thing that gets me all hissy and steaming it's a bully, and the UK government sure ticks all the boxes.

tac

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
The Sun has set...

Yes it has...apparently many years ago.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
tac, forgive me if I’m out of line, but...in past years when members of this forum made disparaging remarks about firearms ownership and use laws in the UK, haven’t you come to the defense of your country’s laws, ...

No. What he's done is corrected inaccurate representations of the country and it's laws.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Hey tac,

What happened to all those firearms after the laws changed? Did they have to be turned in or something? Tommyguns arent cheap, at least not here in the US.

James

quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:.
quote:

Indeed it did. Until the early 1930's, you could walk into a post office, buy a 'gun license' for five shillings [about a dollar] and then go into a gun store and buy a Thompson...

tac

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So the grim, totalitarian UK portrayed in the movie Children of Men isn't too far off then, eh?

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
tac, forgive me if I’m out of line, but...in past years when members of this forum made disparaging remarks about firearms ownership and use laws in the UK, haven’t you come to the defense of your country’s laws, ...

No. What he's done is corrected inaccurate representations of the country and it's laws.
yeah, thanks

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:

tac

The way it should be except it was five shillings too much. Eek

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post