SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The final nail in the ACLU's coffin
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The final nail in the ACLU's coffin Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Dershowitz said:
quote:
Trump himself has denied fundamental civil liberties by his immigration policies, his attitude and actions regarding the press, and his calls for criminal investigations of his political enemies.
I fail to see the truth in those allegations, myself.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Dershowitz said:
quote:
Trump himself has denied fundamental civil liberties by his immigration policies, his attitude and actions regarding the press, and his calls for criminal investigations of his political enemies.
I fail to see the truth in those allegations, myself.

flashguy

I disagree with Dersh's assertion, too.

* Illegal aliens don't have civil liberties
* The press IS, unquestionably corrupt, and all Trump has done is call attention to this fact
* His "political enemies" are supposed to be apolitical and perform their jobs with the FBI, CIA and other alphabet groups with no political bias whatsoever

For my entire lifetime, the ACLU has championed ONLY Leftist ideals. ACLU Versus America is a must-read book on the topic.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
nothing American about the ACLU

Damn right.

Decades ago, I was stopped by an ACLU fucker on the street for support and contributions. I stated that I would contribute if they defended the 2nd Amendment as vigorously as the others.

The asshole laughed in my face and stated that the the 2nd was basically a bastard stepchild of the Bill of Rights, and that the ACLU would never defend it.

I told him to move to another fucking country and left him on the sidewalk.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post