SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    (another vehicle question) ... truck men - Chevrolet Colorado UPDATE - bought a Tacoma
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(another vehicle question) ... truck men - Chevrolet Colorado UPDATE - bought a Tacoma Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Looking at the Tacomas now : SR5, 4x4, double cabs...

Doing the email thing with a few places. Want to get the price narrowed down somewhat before I head in.

Seems - across the board - the game is advertise an attractive price then hit you with 'dealer add-ons' that aren't listed.

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Tacoma is a nice truck. Until my recent Ridgeline purchase our previous three vehicles have been Toyotas. A Tacoma was the first choice to replace my old Tundra as the new generation Tundras are simply too large.

My biggest issue is the Tacoma's seating position which is quite unlike a Colorado, Ridgeline, Frontier, or any 1/2 ton truck for that matter. Be sure to take it on a test drive and imagine being in it all day on a trip. Maybe for most people it's not a problem but it is for some for sure.

If a double cab Tacoma is comfortable and it's bed adequate size for your needs I'd buy it over a Colorado.

Of course if you're a real trucker skip Tacoma's and the wimpy 1/2 and 3/4 ton wannabes and go for a real truck like a F350. Big Grin

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a 2015 Colorado in October 2014 and took delivery in January 2015. I ordered the crew cab 4X4 leather interior factory sprayed bed liner but not the Z package.
I only have 25,000 miles on it mostly road miles.
I have driven from Las Vegas to Tulsa twice and averaged 24 mpg.
Handles good in traffic and good acceleration. I have not pulled a trailer of hauled much in the truck.
I am very satisfied with ride and performance..

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...spent yesterday reading about over 200,000 2016 / 2017 Tacomas recalled for leaking rear differentials.

Tacoma forum has a 212 page thread about problems with the rear diffs on the new Tacos. Sheesh.

----------------------------------

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
update in OP.

--------------------------------

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
...spent yesterday reading about over 200,000 2016 / 2017 Tacomas recalled for leaking rear differentials.

Tacoma forum has a 212 page thread about problems with the rear diffs on the new Tacos. Sheesh.

----------------------------------

Not possible. Toyota is God in these parts.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes it is true. I have a family member who had the issue on his 2016

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Yes it is true. I have a family member who had the issue on his 2016

I believe it. Newer model Tacoma's have had their fair share of problems (my comment was in jest.)

But....Toyota...

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post