SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Reason #347 I’d like to live in Texas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reason #347 I’d like to live in Texas Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
Don’t forget San Jacinto Day!

Or the Alamo!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/803cvniQ1t0

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Too many holidays I could do without, and President's Day is one. MLK Day is another.

The only holidays worth observing, imo, are: Christmas, New Year, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving.

And Patriots Day..9-11-01..'Never forget'

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
In MY day, we did not have Presidents' Day.

We had Lincoln's Birthday, February 12, and Washington's Birthday, February 22.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Here we had a 4 day weekend....Chinese New Year and Presidents Day.

Got to love california........NOT.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Only job I ever had that gave me off on Presidents Day was when I taught high school. Same goes for MLK Day.

I always grouped those holidays in the silly bullshit holiday list along with Arbor Day.

How exactly do you observe President’s Day anyway?
When I was in school, "Presidents' Day" hadn't been invented yet--we got both Lincoln's Birthday (12th) and Washington's Birthday (22nd) off. Even so, up north (Detroit) we still were in school more days each year than most of the South did.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only real significance of Presidents Day is you don't get mail.
Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
The only time I ever got President's Day off was when I was working on a contract at Intel. Had to take it unpaid.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post