SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wait, Where Did All the Rental Cars Go?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wait, Where Did All the Rental Cars Go? Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
November 1982

Ha, injecting a 4 decade old experience into a thread on an current issue is bold at best. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
November 1982

Ha, injecting a 4 decade old experience into a thread on an current issue is bold at best. Big Grin

Jim

As I mentioned earlier, I've been going to Hawaii every year since 1983, always get a rental car which I reserve in advance and never had a problem.

I have had situations where they ran out of the car I reserved and I got a free upgrade to SUVs, happened 4 years in a row. I now just rent SUVs as I've grown to like them.

I have found over the years that there are a few times a year when it gets hard to rent a car and those times are:

Spring break (all islands).

Ironman Competition (Big Island)

So I just don't go during those times. In fact, the time the Big Island is the most empty is starting a few days after the Ironman ends, which has become my preferred time to go.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
My friend have an RV, but no towed car. They booked a campground in Yosemite in May. They reserved a van for 3 days at $300 per day. That is just ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by lbsid:
Trip to Scottsdale mid February of this year arriving at 10:00PM. Four people and four sets of clubs.
Reserved a Grand Caravan to haul everything @ $360 per day. Stood around for 90 minutes while the hired
help tried to keep up. Two employees at the Hertz counter and sixteen customers waiting. Total cluster.

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post