SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Glad you got your "buds" back for a bit and had some good eats. Sometimes it's the little things... Hugs and prayers coming your way.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:
When my son turned 5 I put together a gmail account using his name. In the beginning I sent a ton of emails to the account, now I send during significant events, when I had to make a decision he did not like, when he got a car, fun stuff, etc. The password to the account is in my will. Consider doing the same with your daughters. I promise it will move them not only when you pass, but for a life time.

The concept is something I have thought about as well if I were to become terminally ill or come down with a debilitating disease like Alzheimer's. I got the idea years ago reading Isaac Asimov's The Foundation trilogy. Basically, the main protagonist had videos made that could be played whenever key events occurred as a way of providing advice, congratulations, etc. I always thought a video to your children, individually and collectively along with my wife for certain events like college high school and college graduation, weddings, births, deaths of other family members, divorce, etc. may provide some help or comfort. I am not ill just passing on an idea that with today's technoloy is not so much Sci/fi anymore. Best to you and your family LBJ.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
LBJ, I hope and pray the miracles reported by oldboys50 with his treatment also happen to you. I do not claim to understand the details of both of your circumstances, but I hope the drug he was using, and which you said you just switched to, works wonders for you.

May the tender mercies of the Lord flow freely to you and your family, as the Lord said in Luke, "...pressed down, and shaken together, and running over..."

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Absolutely positively raw white onions.

Try some vidalia onions!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
LBJ, I am very sorry to hear the news.

I wasn't paying close enough attention to the title and missed the update.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

I must also add after reading the ensuing pages that your perspective and will to carry on is inspiring. I am reminded of a quote I once heard that was uttered by a passenger on a plane that was in very serious jeopardy. When he was asked how he could stay so calm, the old war survivor was reported to have said, "My dear, sometimes the only thing you have left is style."

Keep living with style.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the new infusion med is less harsh on the taste buds. Wink

I too saw the other thread and hoping you have the same outstanding results as Oldboys50 is having! Big Grin

Prayers are ongoing and positive thoughts are in place for you and Oldboys50.

Most Sincerely,
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Prayers and thoughts sent to you again. Life is certainly a journey, they just don't always issue the map.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This looks very promising, lbj.

Immunotherapy news report video.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
It's been a week that I am off all meds until the new one starts Friday.
The good news is that today, the flavor is back.
I just got done grilling and eating a rather fat 80/20 medium rare hamburger with onions and a bun.
Nice Memorial Day surprise.

I'm stuffed and it feels mighty fine. Big Grin

Got my Hedley holster.

Well sir, that's some fine news! Prayers for the new meds to be effective.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Your courage and perception have truly been an inspiration to me.

My prayers are with you every single day.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Though I do not post as much (for lack of wisdom and words)I always remain faithful in prayer, for the many. May God bless you always lbj.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed that Burger
Prayers sent as always.

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey!
Hold my beer!
Picture of rkight3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If I can face my end with even half the calm courage you've exhibited, Tom, then I will have done well.

Absolutely. You are in our prayers LBJ, and family.

Posts: 2395 | Location: Western Kentucky. | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
I am not sure where you are being seen, but ask your doc about getting a compassionate use on one of the new "T-cell" therapies. A company called Juno in Seattle is working on several.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
Just checking in with you LBJ, how you doing? I hope things are going well and wanted let you know we're still thinking and praying for you.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I will ask about the T-Cell thing at my next visit.

Things are going OK suppose.
I get my next infusion of the Opdivo this Friday.

I have had one infusion of Opdivo already, and I can say that the side effects from the Opdivo at this point, are much milder than those from the Votrient.

My taste is still better than it was except for garlic. I love garlic, or I used to. Anything I put garlic on tastes bad.

There is a good chance that a buyer has been found for the Colorado Crush. It's not a done deal yet though. I hope it flies so that indoor professional football can continue here in Northern Colorado.
Time will tell on this.
Either way, I am retiring in a couple of months and actually am looking forward to that.

Saturday is the last home game day of the season and the last of my career. It's a little bitter sweet but a good thing, as my health will just not allow me to continue.

I also found out today that my colleagues voted recently to honor me. I cannot disclose what that is right now, but it is actually a great honor.

I used to be not very good at accepting gifts, awards and things,
One thing I have learned recently is that I need to do a better job of accepting things people either wish me to have or give me.

I decided early this year that as I notified family and friends of my imminent demise at some point in the future, was that I was going to make sure that all my friends and family can grieve in their own way without judgement or interference from me if I disagreed with their approach.
I have lived up to the above ever since.

There are always things in life to be learned, and that means that when someone wants to honor me in their own way, and even though I am uncomfortable accepting compliments, awards and gifts, I am finally allowing such.

I had never given much thought before that when people want to do something nice for me, it's doesn't mean it has to be about me, it can be about them, and me accepting their gift makes them feel good.

I think most here know by now that in life, I generally try to make sure it isn't always about me, it's just how I am built.
That's why honors and gifts and things has always bothered me, because I thought it made me feel that everything was about me. That's just not who I am.
There is just something in me that tells me I am undeserving, or even if I was deserving, I was already self satisfied and being honored just did not seem necessary. It's hard to explain.
The problem was, I hurt many people in my past with my behavior, I should have realized it was about them as much as me, and I should have been gracious and accepting of them and their intentions.

Now I know better.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update, I was just thinking that nothing from you had been posted lately.

We'll grieve in our own ways, and you have no control over it. We really need a thumbing our nose smiley around here.

You're no different than most of us, it is easier to give than receive, I'm a little better at it than I once was, but I'm still a work in progress.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
LBJ - I haven't been on a whole lot the past few months, but that's no excuse for not having noticed this thread. My apologies for missing it until today.

My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. If there is anything that I can do to help you, please do let me know.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
No worries, you can't be everywhere all at one time. Thanks for posting.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post