SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 160
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
When my son turned 5 I put together a gmail account using his name. In the beginning I sent a ton of emails to the account, now I send during significant events, when I had to make a decision he did not like, when he got a car, fun stuff, etc. The password to the account is in my will. Consider doing the same with your daughters. I promise it will move them not only when you pass, but for a life time.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Interesting concept there, I like it.

BTW, UCHealth just called and I have to attend Cancer Camp tomorrow.
I have already done this once, but have to do this each time treatment changes is my guess.
Then, perhaps as early as late next week, I begin infusion of the Opdivo drug.
Apparently the infusion takes less than an hour and it's every 14 days.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
What happens at cancer camp?

Get to bring your guns and eat smores?

Somehow cancer camping sounds less fun than regular camping.

Back in my stupid years we used to bring a pack of smokes on campouts for around the fire. I don't suppose its that kind of camping either....

Jokes aside, I'm praying this new infusion makes a difference. You stated earlier that all of this treatment is for your family. It isn't a small thing. It's big deal to them that they have the knowledge that you fought to be with them. I've helped a few families in loss. Knowing that the loved one tried everything they had power over to be with them as long as possible really made a big difference in the grief process for them.

As others have said, thank you for sharing this experience with us. I really hope we're bringing some comfort. I can't possibly know what it's like, but your sharing helps me to help others better. Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
It's big deal to them that they have the knowledge that you fought to be with them. I've helped a few families in loss. Knowing that the loved one tried everything they had power over to be with them as long as possible really made a big difference in the grief process for them.

I hadn't precisely looked at it that way. I think it rings true.

Cancer Camp... I have a good mind to wear short pants and a beanie. Maybe even step off a short bus as we arrive.

It's not much, it's basically a handout to read and a private session with a nurse to explain what will be happening, both the treatment and potential side effects.
In a nutshell, Cancer Camp is patient education.
However, it does seem like they are tailored for the lowest common denominator.

Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

I think it's kept rather basic due to the fact that the "Campers" are already trying to drink from a fire hose, there's so much that is already still being absorbed that it must be almost overwhelming. So, why complicate a thing with more facts, you know?

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
What happens in Cancer Camp
Stays in Cancer Camp

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
What happens in Cancer Camp
Stays in Cancer Camp

That was our motto also....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am praying that the title of this thread will have "(good news update page XX)" added later.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unless of course I am dancer.

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...2411FB7EF3&FORM=VIRE

Excellent. Cool

Godspeed in your journey, wherever it takes you.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:

And thank God I finally have the family I always wanted. I haven't had them very long, but they mean everything.

Damn right.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I had missed the more news update earlier in the week while traveling. Certainly pulling for you to have as good an outcome and time with your family as possible.

Very sad story, but you seem to be dealing as well as anyone could and have the support of both your real family as well as the virtual one!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12404 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
I wish you peace and happiness in your journey. God bless you.

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's been a week that I am off all meds until the new one starts Friday.
The good news is that today, the flavor is back.
I just got done grilling and eating a rather fat 80/20 medium rare hamburger with onions and a bun.
Nice Memorial Day surprise.

I'm stuffed and it feels mighty fine. Big Grin

Got my Hedley holster.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
The good news is that today, the flavor is back.
I just got done grilling and eating a rather fat 80/20 medium rare hamburger with onions and a bun.
Nice Memorial Day surprise.

I'm stuffed and it feels mighty fine. Big Grin
Nice! Hope you and your family have an enjoyable day and the taste buds keep on working.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It was nice to be off the Votrient, as my taste has returned in a big way. It's not 100% but maybe like 80%.

Last Friday, I began the infusion drug Opdivo. This will be every 2 weeks or so.
I was really super tired afterward, but all in all, I feel way better than I did on the Votrient. The Opdivo can affect taste as a side affect, but less so than Votirent, so we will wait and see.

Forward we go, I guess.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj: 80/20 medium rare hamburger with onions and a bun.

Raw onions, I hope. As God intended. Good for the body. Good for the soul.

quote:
Forward we go, I guess.

That's right. Forward. Opdivo straight or in combination?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Absolutely positively raw white onions.

Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
lbj, Sir you are and have been in my prayers.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
It's big deal to them that they have the knowledge that you fought to be with them. I've helped a few families in loss. Knowing that the loved one tried everything they had power over to be with them as long as possible really made a big difference in the grief process for them.

I hadn't precisely looked at it that way. I think it rings true.

Cancer Camp... I have a good mind to wear short pants and a beanie. Maybe even step off a short bus as we arrive.

It's not much, it's basically a handout to read and a private session with a nurse to explain what will be happening, both the treatment and potential side effects.

Interesting how different systems do things different ways.

Texas Oncology had you meet with the oncologist(s) who was treating you who then went over that with you. In fact it wasn't just when the treatment changed, but it happened before every round to ensure that you are tolerating it well.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post