SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 160
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Great news lbj, Im happy for you.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful news!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting in a break room next to the ER. It's humbling to read these posts and for you to have allowed us to witness this whole life event. Even more so b/c you are articulate, bold, and so self aware.
It may be a very small side effect of the plan, but much of what I see daily, like others here, drains all the energy out. This profoundly breathes it back in.

It would be simply fair & balanced that you get to enjoy so much after making peace with your own possible loss. The fact you are giving back and not just taking is who you are.

May all the tests continue to come back positive for many years to come.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Wonderful, wonderful news Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Good news indeed.
Smile

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear this. Congratulations on the good news.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Phenomenal news!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Thank you God!

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will live to see my grandson's first birthday.

Praise the Lord.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone, I am flat out amazed the news was not bad.
I really thought the scan was going to show me going south.
I figured such news was coming as a test of faith. I was correct about the test of faith, but not the results.

The test was an affirmation of faith.
Praise God!

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

I've been getting CAT/PET scans every 3-4 months to see if my cancer has metastasized or not. Talk about nerve racking till you get the results. So far, so good. Next one in October.

Jim

Prayers back at you.
It is good that stage 4 is apparently not in the cards for you.

quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:
I'm sitting in a break room next to the ER. It's humbling to read these posts and for you to have allowed us to witness this whole life event. Even more so b/c you are articulate, bold, and so self aware.
It may be a very small side effect of the plan, but much of what I see daily, like others here, drains all the energy out. This profoundly breathes it back in.

It would be simply fair & balanced that you get to enjoy so much after making peace with your own possible loss. The fact you are giving back and not just taking is who you are.

That is quite a compliment and thank you.
I am still amazed and honored anyone still reads me.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Great news, wishing for continued success!

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7506 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
LBJ,

I haven't been posting much in here, but I've been watching and pulling for you. This is great news. Keep fighting.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
It makes me nervous when I see increased activity in this thread and I'm often hesitant to open it for fear of bad news. This morning I mentally bitch slapped myself thinking damn BRL, LBJ and his family endure this on a daily basis and you can't even open the thread for fear of bad news? I'm truly embarrassed and have been proven here by the recent news that my cowardice is unfounded.

I'm so happy to hear of this wonderful news. Being able to have the opportunity to meet your new grandchild (and more) will only bring more joyful healing power! Smile

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I am very glad to hear the good news for you.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic lbj. Every prayer is answered. Keep on keeping on brother. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, great news. God is good all the time.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Makes a good day great to see this news. Keep fighting!

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
I am sitting here this morning with tears in my eyes... Tears of JOY for your wonderful scan results, but more importantly, for your ever strengthening faith that has brought you both mental strength and peace within.

God bless you, Sir! You are an inspiration to us all.

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In combination, the power of positive outlook, prayer, and great medicine and doctors can achieve a great deal.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post