SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 160
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
I am so proud of you and for you.

Faith is the one thing that cost nothing ... but means way more than money or gifts.

I know I pray many times in a day -- some saying Thanks to the Lord and other times .. asking for Hope - Faith - Strength - Wisdom and Forgiveness ...
God hears all my prayers .. of that I am sure.

There is so much peace and strength to be found in prayers.
I have not posted much lately ... the passing of my sister in Feb. has taken a lot from me and I am working my way back -- to good days.
She and I were very close...

But I want to tell you that watching and reading your posts this past year --- have given me strength and I am so proud to know you.
Your family is so blessed.

We all will pass away .. sooner or later... no doubt.
People who speak your name at that point will absoulutly speak of love -- pride in knowing you and wish that they will be remembered ... with the esteem that you will be remembered.
Loving your family and the Lord ----- must be so comforting to you.

Thank you so much for allowing us to get to know you ....
I know I feel blessed.

Most Sincerely,
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thank you Donna, you always post me good things.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The vet called yesterday and they told me they kept looking for cancer in LT's removed anal sac the last 12 days.

They did finally identify cancer present.
The mass was so small it took a long time to find it.
The 2mm mass is about as small as mass can be and still find it. 2mm is like an eight of an inch in size, about the size of a pin head.
It is doubtful it has spread and it is possible he is already cured from the removal but we have to have a scan done on stomach nodes in 4 months. Even then we may not see it if it has spread. At eight months, a scan should be definitive.

Here comes another test for me.
It is not getting me down, I really think he will be fine.
My own killer cancer disease has not shaken my faith so this won't either.

Some really good things are afoot with me in relation to me beginning to know God.
I even cut my hair to fit in with the teachings.
I think this is the first time I never got ticked off about having to cut my hair, I was an old hippie type at one time way way back.
There were a couple of people at the church that seemed to be amazed I could just go cut my hair short. To me, it was just a sign of commitment.
Apparently many potential members seem to kick up a storm when they find out the Pentecosts have dress codes for men and women.
For me, this was an easy call to cut my hair.

When I read the dress codes the other day, it took me less than 2 seconds to think that if I could not do this tiny little thing, then I would never be able to go any further with my education and belief here.
I didn't realize that apparently many men just can't do it and want to make an exception for themselves.

I figured if I made an exception for myself, then a slow roll of exception would lie ahead for me regarding The Word. That doesn't work and I would never get to where I willingly wish to be.
My short hair is evident in the photo on the previous page.

Ha!
I haven't gone this far in my life to be worried about how I look with short hair.
Pride you know, and I could do with less pride.

As many know here from reading this thread, I have seen glimpses of dead people here and there most of my life.
I have always been a bit tapped into the supernatural, though fleeting.
As I age, this gift has gradually been subsiding. I posted about this gift months ago in this thread.

However, the night before last, I had another fleeting experience that was a bit overwhelming in a good way. But it did last a couple of seconds which for me and what I have seen in the past was a long time.
This one was related to God. If I posted about it, someone would probably call the men in the white coats to come and take me away.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I have a CT scan tomorrow 11:30 local time.
Then on Tuesday afternoon I get the results.

I am expecting a big test of my faith coming, meaning discouraging news.
We will see.

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Proverbs 17-22
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Good luck with the test LBJ, my prayers are with you.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers Sent Tom

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I'm fixin to put the phone down and call it a night. You will be in my prayers, hoping you get good news on Tuesday. Best wishes heading your way.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks, my mortal self is stressing right now.

Everything turned around for my spirit (soul) when I asked Jesus to let me be His willing servant to complete His plan for me.
If such is granted, I cannot think of a better gift I could receive.

If anyone remembers, at the beginning of this thread a year and half ago, when I got the bad medical news, I was worried that during those first panicky feelings I had, I was worried any decisions I made might interfere with God's plan for me. I did not wish to get in the way if I was making a wrong decision here and there.
Until one faces such, I'm not sure how to explain it if you haven't experienced it.
I really struggled with that.

I don't have that problem anymore, fortunately.

In real time, this thread has taken many twists and turns. Ya'll get to witness the sausage being made oft times. Not always pretty but the end results are good.

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Prayers said just now for you for tomorrow's test.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
prayers for you lbj.
thank you for sharing your strength and faith.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thank you all, prayers do work.

The CT scan is in about 2.5 hours.
Come what may, my faith will stand strong regardless the results tomorrow.

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Good luck! Hoping for the best.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Positive thoughts.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I get the scan results today around 3PM.

posted Hide Post
Praying for you and asking for good news.

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
I too will be praying and asking God for some positive results.

Keep up the faith ... and always know that God is in control.

Most Sincerely,

Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Positive thoughts from me too.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My wife and I continue to offer up prayers for you and your family and the medical staff. Your strength in God has been a blessing to see.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Prayers for good results
Prayers of wisdom for the doctors
Prayers for comfort to your family
Amen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post