SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice hat! looks... Cool

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dbltap:
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
On a lighter note, I finally got my custom order hat from Greeley Hat.
I like it.

I also posted in my hat thread, but I wanted it on the record here as well, seeing as how younger daughter will one day go through this thread and organize my posts into something coherent.

These days, I am always looking for quality family time, so this Friday, it's family hat day!
The daughters and my wife seem excited.

Here is mine:

a hat like that deserves a rig like this.

okay the first one might be too much, maybe this one

or this one is pretty cool

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got a CT scan last week and today received the news.
It is all bad. The Votrient is not working at all.
This is the drug that is supposed to work but isn't.
I lost ground everywhere, the tumors are spreading and growing.

I do appreciate everyone praying for me and hoping for the best.

There are still some medication options, but I am shell shocked at the moment and it is tough for me to want to try other drugs given their side affects and my quality of life.

To be honest, my quality of life is very poor and though I have tried to remain hopeful and optimistic, it's just is not in the cards.

I have felt myself slipping away the past few months despite the treatment, but I was holding out hope that the way I feel physically, that it was the side effects of the meds.
However, apparently it is twofold, the meds make me feel poorly and the cancer is too.

I have some decisions to make.
I was given six months to live without treatment in February when I started treatment.
Since the medication is not working, and given that 3 months have gone by, well, you can see where I am going here.
I may not make it past this summer.

^^ That was posted one year ago, yesterday - 5/23/16 (page 37).

You're now on your way to making through not one, but two Summers. How 'bout that!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
That is true.
I was just coming off a medication that was supposed to perhaps add years to my life but didn't work.
Then we went to the last medication on the list which is a relatively short term drug.
I just can't seem to die on schedule... yet.
Ha!

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ha!

Dear Grim Reaper:

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
Is there a car update yet??

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robbiedog:
Is there a car update yet??
Pics and a review here

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23253 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Looks like the baby is coming.
I just dropped youngest daughter at the hospital.

I am back home now to get a little rest and wait for another call.

Her sister is with her.

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! (premature...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, a little prayer for smooth as possible delivery, gramps!

And a great blessing for you and your family this day, that that you should see this. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmonkey,

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Congratulations grandpa!

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It has been a long sleepless night.

Better details later but for now...

Miles Thomas Wigley
June 1, 2017 at 7:30AM

posted Hide Post
Congrats LBJ. Great honor and love that the little one took your name!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Congrats Lbj- Hope both momma and baby are resting well.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congratulation Grandpa! Big Grin

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is true.
I was just coming off a medication that was supposed to perhaps add years to my life but didn't work.
Then we went to the last medication on the list which is a relatively short term drug.
Ha!
OMG, Lbj, welcome to life sir. If you gotta live to be 100, its all you fault. I am happy for you. A good day by golly.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Grandfather!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Congrats Grandpa LBJ!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post