SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
There's probably a law up there about running over someone's hat.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
There's probably a law up there about running over someone's hat.

If there isn't, there should be.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I have a scan this Wednesday and the results will be known when I see my doctor late Thursday.

I have had some down time (sick) the last couple months and it worries me.
I am nervous as usual and am hoping for a good scan.

I am still waiting on my Escape, the tuner box on my desktop is a daily reminder of what will be one day.
And my hat... still waiting on my mink/beaver hat. I have the official Fistful of Dollars headband in stock and ready to go.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Good luck on your tests. I'll be thinking of you.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Praying for a good scan!!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
All the best to you, I hope you get good news from your scan.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Prayer your way...always.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a scan this Wednesday and the results will be known when I see my doctor late Thursday.

Praying for a good scan!!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23948 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Oops, I had the wrong day, the scan was today.
I just barely made it on time.
Tomorrow late, I will have the results.

Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed. Hope it's a good scan.

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The news is not good, but expected.
I have one tumor which has become resistant to the Opdivo and is growing.
All the others are being held in check for now.
However, the slow roll of resistance has reared it's ugly head and all the other tumors will go the same direction... start to grow.

They are giving me another year to live or thereabouts, so not bad.

It's really true:
Do I want more time? Yes.
Do I need more time? No.

The problem now is the family.
A year has passed since I got sick and they got used to the good news the past 8 months.
I just talked with youngest and she is beside herself. Argh!

As I say, what is happening was known to us all along, but given that a year has passed, the bad news is hitting them like a ton of bricks, again.

It's always like this:
You think if you have time to prepare for the death of a loved one, all will be well.
In my life, that never worked for me.
I have been on both sides of such, quick deaths and sudden ones. When I had the time to prepare for a loved one's passing, it really made no difference, I was just sad and shocked when they died as if it had been sudden.
Oh well, life is like that.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Sorry news. But you appear to be handling it better than many would. I pray that your family will come to understanding and acceptance.

Thanks you for your attitude and for sharing this chapter of your life with us.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this, lbj. I'm going to continue thinking positively though, believing you will have all the time you want and need.

I admire how you continue moving forward with your life, refusing to let this stop you from enjoying the people and things you enjoy most. You are definitely an inspiration.

Keep the faith!

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this LBJ. I concur with others that your attitude and outlook are inspirational so thank you for putting it in writing. I am richer for having read it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Damn.

Look at it this way - a guy can hoard a whole lotta Ammo in one year.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Frown The news sucks... but your outlook is inspiring.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's not the end of the world, just the end of my my world.
Plus, I still have a year.
I almost died last June, then was given a year last August, and now, though the medication is starting not to work, it's almost May and I am being given a year to a year and half.

It's not all that bad.

It's one of those things where you get used to good news and put the dying part out of your mind.
That's what my family has done.

For me, it's always been the same old same old since this ordeal began.
No one has ever beaten stage iv renal clear cell carcinoma and I won't beat it either.
Since the initial diagnosis 14 months ago, my impending death crosses my mind about every minute of every day.
There is just no way to not think about it.

That said, my philosophy I have posted here remains unchanged, it's a wonderful life and I am happy.

posted Hide Post
With Christ all things are possible. You knocked it out of the park last year, you can do it again.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Words, as usual, are wholly inadequate. I am very happy and grateful for the time you've had, and for the time you will have, but sorry the prognosis isn't better. Please know you and your family are in our thoughts.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post