SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Sorry that "my" ghosts were messing with you.

Yep, them ghosts been around me for a while.
Thanks for the story as I had forgotten it.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
We have a friend who is an empath. She doesn't tell people this, I pretty much told her I could tell, and she agreed. She has a gift, and I don't really believe in this stuff, but she has a gift. Regardless of what I think. Anyway, all her life, and she's 40, ghosts have spoken to her. She can't see them, she can only "hear" them. She doesn't do this for money, and hardly anyone knows. She says the "next place" is a half step up, and slightly to the left. She is christian, but her knowledge doesn't interfere with her beliefs. We asked her to come over to my mom's apartment after she passed and asked if she heard anything. She smiled and said no, nothing. Same thing in the clubhouse at the lake. I get the heebie jeebies on the lowest level of our house, I asked her to walk thru and see what she thought. She said there was nothing, really, except a residual "energy" and she thought it was a man grieving over his deceased wife......made me feel better anyway. My point? Don't really have one. I don't believe in ghosts, but I believe in my friend, and I believe in my brother.......so I'm conflicted. Sort of like life....

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Same here, logic tells me that these things are not possible, yet there they are.

They were/are so commonplace with me, I just accept what I see, though I have never spent time worrying about what they are or or not, and they do not change my Faith or anything.
I have never made any decisions or taken any actions because of them.

As I have aged, the gift I have has subsided somewhat in terms of how often they appear to me. However, they still come and go, just not with the frequency of past decades.

Thursday is CT scan day for me and then perhaps a visit to the doc to give me the news on what she sees.
I am a bit apprehensive.

Other than my stamina, I am actually quite active and feel better than I have since they took the kidney out last January.
My energy level and activity may not be an indicator of how sick I am though.
That's what they tell me anyway.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
BTW, youngest daughter had her grand opening yesterday as manager of a new Japanese fast food establishment in the DFW area.

Pops is darn proud of her, from 10 dollars an hour last September to manager of a newly opened store at over 40K per year.
Plus she has worked 20 days in row. That's dedication at 25 years old.

She's really getting things together.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Same here, logic tells me that these things are not possible, yet there they are.

They were/are so commonplace with me, I just accept what I see, though I have never spent time worrying about what they are or or not, and they do not change my Faith or anything.
I have never made any decisions or taken any actions because of them.

As I have aged, the gift I have has subsided somewhat in terms of how often they appear to me. However, they still come and go, just not with the frequency of past decades.

Thursday is CT scan day for me and then perhaps a visit to the doc to give me the news on what she sees.
I am a bit apprehensive.

Other than my stamina, I am actually quite active and feel better than I have since they took the kidney out last January.
My energy level and activity may not be an indicator of how sick I am though.
That's what they tell me anyway.

PMA = Positive Mental Attitude. Wishing you well

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thank you, it's crunch time for me.

They told me in January that without treatment I wouldn't last 12 months. The Votrient did not work and if the Opdivo is not working, the clock is ticking.

I suppose in the end it does not matter. I never wanted to live forever. There's too many bad things to see.
I think she thinks that the bruise on her should is like a temporary tattoo, and she loves tattoos.

There is a lot of good in life, but there is about the same amount of bad and evil as well.

I doubt robbiedog quite fully understands how much fun he will have with my firearm and ammunition collection. It's going to be great for him.

Plus he will hold a lot of it for my daughters for once they have established lives for themselves.

My younger daughter is especially militant regarding the 2nd Amendment and I know I would not want to mess with her when she has an AR15 in her hand. Her young eyes make her a crack shot with one.

Plus, I have taught her well and told her last month that she knows enough and has the safety skills to strike out on her own.

Older daughter likes Big Green and prefers to hurl heavier projectiles at longer distances.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
"Same here, logic tells me that these things are not possible, yet there they are."

It's hard to not believe there is a correlation between what the physicists insist is 'dark matter' and 'dark energy' which not perceivable in this realm directly visible as in "a jar full of DM", there is undeniable measurable effects of such on a scale from micro to macro.

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I do so hope that after my death I can have a ton of knowledge that my biology in this life was incapable of understanding.

Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
quote:

I doubt robbiedog quite fully understands how much fun he will have with my firearm and ammunition collection. It's going to be great for him.

Plus he will hold a lot of it for my daughters for once they have established lives for themselves.

My younger daughter is especially militant regarding the 2nd Amendment and I know I would not want to mess with her when she has an AR15 in her hand. Her young eyes make her a crack shot with one.

Plus, I have taught her well and told her last month that she knows enough and has the safety skills to strike out on her own.

Older daughter likes Big Green and prefers to hurl heavier projectiles at longer distances.

I'm sure I'll have fun, but let's make it happen in 20-25 years.......or with MY current maladies, perhaps we'll have a race for the finish line? Who the hell knows what tomorrow will bring! (I'm over-stating my med stuff, but does it make you feel better? thought not.....)

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've responded once in your thread. I don't know why. I feel like I'd be just adding to a frightening reminder of the future.
I do read through your journey though.
I have to say I do think about you often and wish for you to be comfortable.

I hope somehow you continue to haunt us here in someway here.
I do believe in quantum entanglement.
The most scientific answer I can find for my animist beliefs.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Nice comment. Funny, yet heartfelt.

I completely understand why some do not post.
I mean, what do you say to a dying man?
It's hard to come up with words for such occasion.

I just roll and chatter along and figure some of you read it, and one day what I have posted will hit home and you will say something like:
"Hey, you know what, that old coot was right."
And that will be enough for me.

What I really hope to accomplish is that the readers of the thread will find some peace of mind in what I write and when your time comes, you won't go kicking and screaming out the door.

I want to be the opposite of Dylan Thomas when he said "rage rage at the dying of the light."
That's cheesy and I hope I can do better.
Maybe not, but I am sure going to try with every ounce of my being.

I want to be happy when I go, not angry.
I never like being angry, it's just so not me, you know?
Yes, I can be angry and sometimes righteously so given certain circumstances, but again, even then, I do not care for that emotion.

And jealousy, I absolutely despise jealousy.
It is the single most self destructive emotion there is on a personal level in a human being and it never leads to anything good.
I learned at an early age to avoid jealousy and did so on my own without help or someone pointing such out to me.

If I could wave a magic wand, I'd eliminate jealousy and the world would be a better place.
I am sure of that.
IMO, jealousy has led to more violence than anger ever has. Jealousy comes first, then anger follows.
Eliminate jealousy and half of the anger the human race has in them would go away. I am certain of it.

Let me say once again that jealousy is the worst emotion a human being can experience.
It eats you up and many don't even realize it.

So much for my treatise on jealousy.

Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
LBeeJ,

I too have read through without comment, this thread.

I would just like to say that it's been a pleasure to be able to make your acquaintance here, and whatever happens, I'm damn proud of you, one of my "invisible friends". To be able to not only share but also state what you feel and think so eloquently awes me.

This summation of your journey is inspiring, stimulating, and heartbreaking all at once. I too want my time to be a happy one when it comes- and if there's pie then it'll all be good.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled show, Positive Mental Attitudes! I hope to hear wondrous news this week from you.

-Greg

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's not that I want to die yet, it just seems that the medical facts are pointing that way.

If God the Father sees to it I have more time, then wonderful and I will be grateful.
But I am already grateful for the miracle called my life and what has filled it.

And all of this is true In The World According to Wigley.

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
LBJ,

I've been reading this thread but have not joined in as I really have not had anything to add.

To your comment:
Certainly I have made many mistakes over the years, even hurt of lot of people knowingly and unknowingly. Yes, I have regrets.
I could have done some things in my life better.
Did I waste some of the times of my life, yes, I have.

But in the end all of those mistakes made me who I am, so apparently they were needed for me to grow.

So true. As we grow we realize this. A few regrets here too, both professional life and personal life. But they all made me into the person that I am today.

On the ghost topic, I've experienced these too. Ran in the family, my mother and aunts had visits too. Less common as I have gotten older. Strange thing is that friends and most recently Scarlett, my Staffordshire Terrier have come back after their passing, I have a sense that they are telling me they are well.

One story I would like to share. December 29, 1997. I was laying on the floor watching TV. Wife's late night at work, both daughters sleeping. My close friend of about twenty eight years had passed a year previous on that date. I had fallen asleep and my wife left me there intending to wake me before she went to bed. At about ten thirty I woke up abruptly, Gordie appeared to me in my dream. Standing in front of me, not saying a word. Small smile on his face. I sensed that he was telling me everything would be o.k.

I woke up, my wife was in the room. I was in a panic. She asked me what was wrong. I told her of the dream. My mother was in a hospital in the U.P. and the weather was not cooperating for a couple of days I was going up in a couple of days to see her. She said that Gordie was telling me that she would be fine, this was all on my mind.

On the 2nd I was going to go up there, one of my friends volunteered to go with me and take his 4wd on the trip. Early that morning I went into the ER with severe stomach pains. The ER doc decided that he was going to perform a stress test before he released me even though the diagnosis was acid reflux. One minute into the test I was on the cusp of a heart attack. Fast work by the hospital, a.k.a. three Nitros and O2 and down to the ER again. Next thing transferrred to another hospital with a Cardiac unit for Stents.

Nope, while on the table the ominious "he's getting the big one" meaning surgery. Next morning surgery, they would not release me, it had to be done asap.

Gordie's mother came to visit me a couple of days later. I told her "you will probably think I'm nuts but......" I had to tell her. She agreed with me, he came to tell me that I would get better. I still believe to this day he was there that night......

Hope that I have not bored you here. Ronin 1069 started a thread a few days ago about love, I also related a story of my wife, my ring that was removed before surgery and a Sharpie.That stuck with me too.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yep, nothing to do really but just go with them as the happen.
It's only after the encounter is over that you freak out.

The telling you that that they are OK I have experienced, but not the other way around.

I am glad it worked out for you.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
The telling you that that they are OK I have experienced, but not the other way around.

...without boring you with trivia from my own life & times, been given the "OK message" about a number of crises both personal and up close....in spite of my fantasies to the contrary.

Thanks for the insights you share.

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suffice to say that Gordie was an important person in my life. He was a few years older than I when we met awhile after my father passed. The big brother that I never had, so I understand why he came back that night.

He helped me mature, one of the best people to influence me outside of a very few family members.

My friend Mike and I were out shooting a couple of months ago. We all met about the same time, late 67 early 68. We started talking about Gordie, kind of felt like he was there with us that day. Maybe?

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Only you can decide whether he was there or not.

I posted about the Summer of 1975 as you have all read at this point.
I post these things that happened in my life to show you how I got from there to here and how the things in my life caused me to have the belief system I have and how that shaped my philosophy of life and death on page 52.

So here I go again.

It was August of 1973 and I was getting ready for college.
My best friend Bruce and his family were moving to Vancouver, BC.
His family had several cars to shuttle up there from Texas so I drove one of them.

I was out in Vancouver for about a week and Bruce and I explored the area visiting Lions Park and later Lighthouse Park.

At Lighthouse Park, you park you car and take a walk down to the bay. The walk goes through tall trees.
We walk down to the water and then begin to return to the parking lot which is off some distance from where we were. It takes several minutes.

So we began walking back and this giant fist size bumblebee thing attacks us. It was very annoying and I cannot find any other words to describe the damn thing other than to say is was like a flying winged Bigfoot on steroids.
That thing was really nasty and vicious. I think it had roid rage or something.
We are basically running for our lives at this point for the parking lot and I remember taking off my T shirt and swatting at that Demon from Hell.

We are running and spot this family of four sitting at a picnic table having a nice lunch.
I began to run circles around their picnic table with Bruce behind me followed by this cantankerous bumblebee.
It also made a lot of noise while bumping me in the head and such.

After running a few circles around the family at the picnic table, we turn and run for the parking lot.
That's when I noticed I didn't hear the sound of that Bat Out of Hell anymore and we turned around to see the family of four up and running for their lives into the woods with that nasty creature dive bombing them.
At that point we broke down with non stop laughter and headed for the car.

You have to admit that was darn funny.
But I did learn one thing from it when I thought about it later.
It was patently unfair for me to pass off my problems onto others, and to this day, I try not to do such anymore.

I have to admit thought that the sight of the parents and two kids running for their lives was a sight to behold.
I am mean, aren't I.

But as I say, I did learn something from the experience.
To this day I wonder if they made it out alive.

posted Hide Post
I try not to make light of "stupid human tricks" but sometimes you just can't pass it up.

As a volunteer firefighter and EMT I always focused on on the job at hand but one night it got away from me.

Responding to a structure fire, unoccupied residence. For sale, lost to one of two parties in a divorce case. Vacant, nothing inside. Small town, we all knew the story behind it. Suffice to say the husband swore his wife would never get the house but she was awarded it in the settlement.

Rolled up on the scene, fully engulfed. I jumped out of the drivers seat in one of the trucks and said pretty loud "Who brought the marshmallows?"

Later on we saw one of the well known individuals in town looking for something. Now realize we have three F.D.'s there in an unincorporated settlement on a working fire. He was stripped to only wearing jeans, no shirt, no shoes or socks. Desert night, still gets cold out there. Looking intently for something. I motion to one of my officers asking him what so and so was doing out there as obviously he was not with us.

My officer said that he was on the way to ask the State Police officer on the scene to check this out. Mr. S.P. noted that the "seeker" had a new cologne on, Eau de Diamond Shamrock.

Seems under questioning at the scene he admitted that he was paid to torch the house, spashed gasoline on himself and the house went up faster than he expected. Ten gallons of gas will do that....

And in his subsequent sprint out the door of the now burning structure he had lost his car keys.....and youu know the rest of the story.

So don't beat yourself up over the bee incident, all of our experiences help us to grow and make us who we are today.

In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
I mean, what do you say to a dying man?
It's hard to come up with words for such occasion.

I'll say what I usually say to the ones left behind. Death isn't a permanent goodbye to someone, only a temporary absence of them. It still sucks in the beginning, as it is any time you're away from someone you love for an extended period of time. But, we'll all be reunited someday.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post