SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Badass indeed!! Big Grin Great picture!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you've made the most of your trip. That's an awesome pic to look back on.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The trip is winding down. We are packing up and getting ready to head home.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lbj, I don't think you can post anything off topic as everything you post is interesting and worth reading.

Posts: 218 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Last vacation together - I sure hope and pray it isn’t.

I can remember when I was deep into Chemo and Radiation at 160 lbs soaking wet.

Wife and I were in Bed Bath and Beyond. She eyed one of them Kitchen Aid Stand mixers in red. She said she has always wanted one. I said then let’s buy it. She said can we afford it and I said sure.

Mind you we sold $25,000 from my 401-K stock account to help with the bills that were coming in. I thought to myself this is probably last gift to her I will be a part of. I never told her that thought until recently.

Will six years later this year I bought for father’s day the meat grinder attachment and we ground some Ribeye for burgers.

One never knows for sure and with God’s grace what is in store for us.

Thanks for sharing your family times.

As always prayers sent.
Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Tom.

Your posting this, (and some from others), but mostly yours, has caused me to be more mindful of other people and the things they may be going through, as well as trying to make everything count and savor all that I can, from working hard, to relaxing tasks.

We all pass from this world. Some without a clue when, and other's with every signpost glaring at them.

I still do not know which is better or worse.

But I want you to know, that you have made a life changing impact on my way of looking at things, and I should tell you this.

I wish I had been fortunate enough to have known you in person all these years.

May you all enjoy a safe journey back home.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a tremendously fond memory you have made with this trip! It doesn't get any better than that! BA's every last one! Safe travels back!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Wow, you all really say the nicest things.

Lots of great things are happening here late in life.
Last weekend, I was inducted into the IFL Hall of Fame in Sioux Falls, SD.

I was so active walking around on the family vacation last week at Cedar Point in Ohio, I lost a few pounds, but I will get them back.

I am usually not big on awards especially when given to me, but when they asked me to receive the award and speak, the gravity of all this hit me, and it is such an honor to have my fellow colleagues vote me in.

Here I am standing by the IFL United Bowl Championship trophy.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Tom. Congratulations.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!! Smile

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's pretty easy to figure out who I am, so I don't mind my name here.

In terms of football hierarchy, it goes like this:
NFL
CFL (Canadian Football League)
IFL and AFL
all other leagues

Not many people in terms of total numbers get to own a high caliber football team in a high tier league. It's crazy just how this all came about.
I am so blessed.

I do not feel like I did anything to deserve all this, but hey, it still feels really good to be honored.

My head coach Heron ONeal and the players who played for the Colorado Ice/Colorado Crush over the years were a very good football team that was respected league wide. We made the playoffs 4 of the 7 years we did this.
What they did on the field and in the community is how I arrived where I am today. They are responsible for all this.

All I did was provide them the opportunity.
No small feat, but what I did pales in comparison to what they did.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm still following your thread lbj and always added in daily prayers for you and family. Certainly God walks with you..I'll never stop praying.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful honor. Thank you for sharing.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
It's pretty easy to figure out who I am, so I don't mind my name here.

In terms of football hierarchy, it goes like this:
NFL
CFL (Canadian Football League)
IFL and AFL
all other leagues

Not many people in terms of total numbers get to own a high caliber football team in a high tier league. It's crazy just how this all came about.
I am so blessed.

I do not feel like I did anything to deserve all this, but hey, it still feels really good to be honored.

My head coach Heron ONeal and the players who played for the Colorado Ice/Colorado Crush over the years were a very good football team that was respected league wide. We made the playoffs 4 of the 7 years we did this.
What they did on the field and in the community is how I arrived where I am today. They are responsible for all this.

All I did was provide them the opportunity.
No small feat, but what I did pales in comparison to what they did.

Tom, That's truly awesome. I know how committed you were to the team and league, and it is wonderful that they recognize you. I cherish my Colorado Ice shirt, and regret that I never made it to a game down here. It is fitting that you're in the hall of fame.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Congrats Tom.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. What an honor!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
You look pretty damn well when wearing a skirt, holding a shotgun - not so much. Razz

On a "real" side, that is a damn good picture and one which can live long after the models pass from this life and onto the next.

It is that good.

On the serious side:

Nothing has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you endure that which is beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

PS - Crying is allowed when celebrating life. Wink

Ross

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post