SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update LBJ Sis! Smile

That sounds like an encouraging step.
So very sorry he had the extra pain and the asthma attack. That must have been horrifying.
Please let him know we are all Praying daily for him -- the Doctors and staff taking care of him and his ENTIRE family.
He is not going thru this alone.
It is heartwarming to know he has a loving family to help him thru this.

I will continue to watch for update.

God Bless You All.

Respectfully,
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had missed the update until now. I am happy to hear he is in recovery. Keep us updated as much as possible and thank you.

Prayers continued to be sent your way.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
This is lbj’s sister again with another update on my brother.
Tonight will be his last in the hospital! Sometime tomorrow we will ‘spring’ him!
Yesterday & today lbj continued his walks, adding stairs today as he will need to negotiate stairs to get into his house. He’s completely off the liquid diet, having many small meals now. Today he’s only been hooked up to the glucose & he’s off the oxygen & the monitors. He no longer has the ‘on-demand’ pain med but is now on oral doses, and that’s working well enough. (He just corrected this to say, “It is sufficient.”)
This is not to say lbj hasn’t had setbacks: getting pretty exhausted and sometimes shaky after small expenditures of energy (a walk, a shower) but that is to be expected. However sitting here with him now, lbj is not only lucid but – I’d say – his usual feisty, funny, smart, and even philosophical self. My brother is excellent company, even in a hospital bed.
mrs. lbj has been busy getting their home ready for his return. Our other brother & his wife have returned home, while others in lbj’s & mrs. lbj’s family are coming in tonight. And lighter hearts on the homefront today for sure. Even the dogs were a little playful. The work of weaving this hard set of threads into the tapestries of our lives has begun.
Again, we are all so very grateful for your thoughts & prayers & words. And we hope you & yours are well & fine!

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very good. Thanks again for keeping us posted.

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Again this sounds really good.

Stairs and everything.

Prayers sent and thanks for the update.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Happy to hear that there has been some forward progress. We're all here pulling for you, lbj.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
It's wonderful to hear that he'll soon be heading home.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It is good to learn that lbj will soon be at home. I pray the recovery continues well.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates.

Get well soon lbj.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update. So glad to hear he's doing well.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this update...it is good to hear that he is progressing and getting ready to come home...getting out of the hospital environment is sometimes the best prescription a Dr. can write Smile...

Get well soon lbj...you are still in our thoughts and prayers.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the updates!!!

Get well soon lbj!

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the updates! Many continued prayers on the way.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Thank you Smile

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
I also add my prayers , but I know LBJ is "tuffer than boiled owl". I pray for a full recovery.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Wow! Glad to hear he is making great progress. Smile I was in the hospital for two weeks in summer 2013 and the wait to allow me to go home almost did me in.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good fight - "feisty" and humor are good things Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update! Prayers for lbj and his family. Get well soon!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Ken-in-Tucky | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
LBJ and family, our thoughts and prayers are with all of you! Even though we are "invisible friends" we care for each other and hope for a speedy and complete recovery!

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post