SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Up and walking already, he's a tough SOB after that nasty procedure.

Keeping our fingers crossed for good biopsy results.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8816 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those post-operative walks are important, so it's good to hear he got it done.

Keep us posted! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9225 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the post and update...I am keeping all of you connected with lbj, including the doctors, nurses and hospital staff responsible in his care and treatment in my thoughts and prayers...it goes without saying, this is hard on lbj and it also hard on the family...y'all hang in there...and we will look forward to more good updates as he heals up and puts this thing behind him...
God bless him with healing and strength Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10591 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the update, prayers for a speedy recovery!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update... at will prayers inbound to LBJ's AO.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Lbj, you are never outside of Gods love and power. Its great to hear you are past the procedure and have begun the healing part of this process.

My prayers are with you for healing, peace and strength. Hang in there!

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
LBJ Sister I know you are also busy, thanks for the update.

Up and walking a bit is a good sign.

Still saying prayers for LBJ, Family, Friends and the Medical Teams

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Lbj, I feel like a jerk, I read the first pages of your post right after they went up but I got sidetracked with life and didn't come back until today.

I read every post on every page right up to today. You do indeed have many friends on the SF and like everyone else our prayers are with you and your family. Please stay strong and lean on your family for support and strength, right now they are your rock.

God bless you and your family.

Posts: 3862 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Thank you, lbj's sis, for keeping us aware of how he's doing. So glad to hear he's up and walking- even briefly. Good news! Please keep us updated. He's important to us.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5407 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Continuing to pray for the best result possible. Hang tough.

Posts: 4524 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good to hear an update. You are one tough sobSmile, and I mean that with the utmost respect lbj.
Here's to what Para said.
Get better soon!

As mentioned earlier in this thread. we are bending God's ear indeed.

God bless you and your family.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19356 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the update. Godspeed lbj, may he send angels of healing to watch over you.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it's the uneducated ear, but that sounded like a really good and hopeful update. Continued prayers will come from our little corner of Alaska for recovery, pain management and long term healing.

Thank you so much for updating those of us who are here on the interwebs as friends, rooting and praying from across the globe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13974 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Prayed for your speedy recovery sir. Hang in there.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12736 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update. Praying that they can get the pain under control in the short term, and the prognosis is positive.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. Continuing to hope for the best.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, lbj. You've got a lot of good people praying for you and your family.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2551 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update.

Posts: 17931 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update - lbj is lucky to have a caring sibling such as you. Hang tough, lbj - you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 2585 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lifting the whole family and looking for the good report and complete recovery.

"220ST (The Man) ROCKS"

Posts: 1853 | Location: in the mitt down the river | Registered: August 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post