SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 160
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

Yes, back to the Mauna Kea.

Originally, I planned this trip for just the wife and I. That was before my hospital emergencies.

While in the hospital, my prognosis was looking pretty bad, we figured we better bring the whole family.
You know... just in case.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Good news - glad to hear it!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I saw the kidney doctor yesterday.
My only kidney is functioning over 25% and is stable.

At 2PM today, I will be at the hospital having the tubes for dialysis removed from my right chest/shoulder area.
They had been waiting regarding the removal in case the kidney wasn't stable.

No more dialysis.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Smile

Amen.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Great news lbj. Continued prayers.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

With the tubes out of my right shoulder, in a month or two, I can shoot my rifles again with the daughters.
It's become a favorite family activity.

Also, I will be able to enter the ocean during our Hawaii trip in mid May.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Great news all around, sir!! Question...with the tubes in your right shoulder can you take advantage of this time and hone your off-shoulder skills? Or does the whole issue with tubes being there in the first place prevent any rifle shooting whatsoever?

Glad you're up and about again...Aloha, sir!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Awesome news, stay strong.

How do you do with anxiety? My life expectancy will be calculated based on the pathology results from my upcoming surgery. I have noticed an increase in anxiety. It interesting because I notice it and can deal with it without medication, but it is there.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:...

How do you do with anxiety? ...

Isaiah 41:10
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

It's better than cowbell.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:...

How do you do with anxiety? ...

Isaiah 41:10
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

It's better than cowbell.

Thanks for the scripture. Turning it over to the big guy is my prefered method too.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
That's a great verse.

Do I have anxiety?
The answer is probably yes. It is not overwhelming though.
The worst anxiety was when I was in the ICU and such for 3.5 weeks this year.
Every time I turned around, another potentially fatal complication arose just after clearing the previous one.
As I say, all that dying wore me out.

I cannot shoot rifles on my left shoulder because of the battery pack for my heart condition.
The cardiologist says I can shoot rifles as long as I use the opposite shoulder from said battery pack.

Here is scripture which has much meaning for me.
No matter how bad we are, we can all be redeemed, favored even.

Acts 9:11

And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. 9And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink. 10And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. 11And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth, 12And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight. 13Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem: 14And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Shit, Tom, “warrior” is not a strong enough word; you have an incredibly strong will. Now, hopeful that your quality of life will continue to improve—things like being able to go into the water in Hawaii indicates that it will. Good for you!

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... very good to read the continued progress.

No anxiety in Hawaii.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

The tunnel catheter is out!

Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
happy to read all the good news Smile

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
More good news Tom.

This is truly great to hear

God Bless!!

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Tom, it is very good to hear the good news!

I'm sure that first trip back to the range will feel sooooooo good. Smile

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
With the tunnel catheter removed, the daughters and I will go rifle shooting in early June.

I am giving it a little time.
I'd hate to be shooting in the middle of nowhere and blow a gasket or something where that catheter used to reside in my shoulder.

Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Awesome news!

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Great news indeed.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post