SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 160
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
You may feel week, but we are all witness to the most incredible strength. Bless you, Tom.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It gets even more strange.

Mrs LBJ tells me I went in on the 20th, was released soon after the pacemakers were installed, then had a few days home and then went in the hospital for the extended stay where I almost expired.

Looking at my posting history in this thread, she speaks the truth.

With all the hysteria regarding my potential demise and the AR15 politics out in the hinterland, I have decided to have r2mach1 legally transfer one of my Colts to one of my daughters and well as have him order her a brand new BCM M4 Mod 0 that she wants.

Back just before Colorado banned the transfer of AR15 magazines greater than 10 rounds, I was really smart and we executed a document just before the ban in which I transferred several hicap AR15 mags to her back then knowing the day would come when she was ready to actually own an AR15.

That time is now.
I am so proud.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Good for you lbj!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I can't tell you how much you're an inspiration to me, sir! God has blessed US that you are here ministering to this group. God bless you, brother!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Well darn if r2mach1 ain't quick about things.
My daughter passed her background check moments ago and he already located her the BCM M4 Mod 0 she wants.

She should be able to pick it up mid week next week.

Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Tom, It is very good to see you back. You have demonstrated a truly indomitable spirit, and an inner strength that is very rare. I lost my father to cancer as a kid, and I never understood, or really thought about, what that diagnosis must have meant to him as a father until I was a father myself. But watching from a far your passion and caring for your family these last two years, honestly, it's been inspirational.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I don't feel tough and this whole ordeal the last 2 years tosses me around like a rag doll.

But thank you.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
In the dictionary, under "Tough Cookie".

There is your picture and "nuff said".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
In the dictionary, under "Tough Cookie".

There is your picture and "nuff said".

This...with a little *...linking it to the word "inspiration!"...

May God continue to bless you and your family, lbj.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
It’s great to see you back posting, L Beej. Even if you feel like you’ve been hit by a train — you’re here. And you’re posting. And you’re ALIVE!

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, God is always beside you.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Man Of Steel!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Great to see you posting LBJ! God bless you and hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
None of my cars have been driven in 30 days.
Today was kind of a big day.
I went to the garage and navigated the steps down into it, albeit using a cane and the railing.

I was able to hook up the trickle charger to the Escape by myself and charge it all day.

Just now, I went to the garage again and switched the trickle charger over to the Mustang.

I am exhausted and my calves are sore.

Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
That is awesome. Can't wait to see the pics of you this spring on the John Deere with your scarf blowing back behind you...

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm happy you're up and about LBJ.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
You Sir, continue to be a huge inspiration. May it be so for a LONG time!!!

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you back, lbj. Hang in there.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
How’re you feeling, LBJ?

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
OK I think.
I have dialysis in an hour and a half.

I really despise dialysis and hope this kidney restarts so I don't have to do it anymore.