SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robbiedog:
I saw Tom over the last few days. He asked me to update everyone on this board with his medical goings-on. I read him all the replies to my post from last week, along with the name, and he was very appreciative! He told me, "tell them everything", so here goes:
Tom had a heart attack at home a couple weeks ago. Evidently he had several, and pretty much ignored them until he face-planted into a table. This knocked his front teeth a bit, but that's nothing serious. He had a pacemaker installed and was home 2 days later. Two days after coming home his breathing became labored, and he was taken back to the hospital. Initially they thought Pneumonia, but that was later changed to Influenza. He was placed in a medically induced coma, was put on a ventilator and spent a few days in Cardiac ICU. He was finally take off the ventilator (he has stories to tell about this) and was placed in a private room. Meanwhile, his remaining kidney failed, and he's on dialysis. That's about when I got there. He seemed to be doing better for a day and a half, typical Tom. Then last night after dialysis he developed a very sharp pain in his right lower abdomen, which radiated to his back. It was VERY painful, I'd give it an 11 on a 1-10 scale. It's very hard to watch someone you love go thru that, though obviously harder on him. The pain was constant, with stabbing pains now and then. We got a stronger pain med and he got a CT and an ultrasound this afternoon early. I haven't heard the results yet. His daughter reports that he's better, not in as much pain. I had to leave to go back to my own home, so I'm not there now. I did ask his pastor to come by and see him, as Tom was pretty distressed this morning. His pastor is a cool guy, his name is Dieter, and he brought his own father, and they prayed with Tom.
So that's about it for now. Tom has charged me now with telling y'all what's going on. Please keep him in your thoughts. He's a tough guy, but this is pretty rough. I've no idea when he can get back on his computer, but it won't be anytime soon. When I hear more I'll post it.

A quick update, Tom is back in cardiac ICU, very low BP and chest pains. The pain he was having in his abdomen is a hematoma in a muscle, it's bleeding and they're trying to figure out if they should go in and fix it. He's on heparin, so it's tricky. Meanwhile, the cardiac stuff is more important. His pain seems to be controlled right now.....

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Prayers continue.

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Tell Mr. Tom we’re praying for him.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Robbie, Thank you for the update. Sending prayers and all good thoughts for Tom. He has been through so much and demonstrated tremendous strength. I pray that he continues to remain so.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates.
Will keep the prayers coming.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My wife and i will be offering prayerz for all concerned.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Praying hard for comfort, healing and a speedy return home.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update...these are not the words I want to read...I am keeping Tom and all of you in my thoughts and prayers...may God continue to give you support and strength during all of this and what is is in His Will for lbj...I hope and pray to see him posting before long.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Prayers and blessing for you, LBJ. That's all I can do but it feels so inadequate. Wish I could do more.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Still praying and hoping for the best.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Continuing to pray & hope for the best.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
I will be lifting up Tom and his family in prayer. I surely hope he is able to feel comfort and relief soon.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Please tell Tom that his strength and openness shows he has faced this head on and looked death straight in the face, and won.

Not the fearful "hanging on to life", but the bold, "I have a life to live! And people to Love, and a God to serve!" fight.

And he has kicked butt.

He is an inspiration and I am sure many have read of his posts and have been affected in the way they think, and face things in life.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness in updating us.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Praying for Tom & his family.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
More prayers for Tom and family. God bless.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers from virginja

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
(he has stories to tell about this)

I'm certain many others, like me, want to hear those and then some.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Tom and his family.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Please tell Tom that his strength and openness shows he has faced this head on and looked death straight in the face, and won.

Not the fearful "hanging on to life", but the bold, "I have a life to live! And people to Love, and a God to serve!" fight.

And he has kicked butt.

He is an inspiration and I am sure many have read of his posts and have been affected in the way they think, and face things in life.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness in updating us.

Agreed, the man has more strength than probably a good portion of us in this thread combined. Prayers for his recovery and continued improving health.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
You have my sincerest thoughts, Tom.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post