SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I didn't notice the change in me until afterward, it just happened.

The damage happened on 2 different days, each time while parked at my youngest's apartment complex while I babysat.

We saw the first damage on the rear passenger door one day and when I parked there the next day, we saw added damage to the rear passenger side quarter panel and side of the rear bumper.

There are 3 other different Ford Escapes parked nearby almost all the time.
I wonder if I am a victim of mistaken identity.

It doesn't really matter I guess as to the who and why as long as no further damage is done in the future.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom.

Sorry I am late in wishing you and your Family a late Christmas and Happy New Year.

Work on my end been very hectic. Retirement in a couple of years.

Been reading thru the several pages to get caught up. Great news about you last scan. So I have been following this thread for two years – Praise the Lord.

I had my CT Scan in November last year for Lung Cancer. Survivor since 2009. I did not have a follow up Doctors appointment until June of this year. I asked the Scan Center can they email the results to me. They said yes after about two weeks giving the Doctor time to view it first. I had a hard time opening up the encrypted attachment before Christmas. Well said a quick prayer and opened it. Another good one.

Again sorry for the late touching of base with you but you and a few others are in my daily prayers.

God Bless You and Your Family

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Good news on your scan then, very nice and thank you.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
Hi Tom.

Sorry I am late in wishing you and your Family a late Christmas and Happy New Year.

Work on my end been very hectic. Retirement in a couple of years.

Been reading thru the several pages to get caught up. Great news about you last scan. So I have been following this thread for two years – Praise the Lord.

I had my CT Scan in November last year for Lung Cancer. Survivor since 2009. I did not have a follow up Doctors appointment until June of this year. I asked the Scan Center can they email the results to me. They said yes after about two weeks giving the Doctor time to view it first. I had a hard time opening up the encrypted attachment before Christmas. Well said a quick prayer and opened it. Another good one.

Again sorry for the late touching of base with you but you and a few others are in my daily prayers.

God Bless You and Your Family

Roy

I'm glad your scan came out negative. I'm going through the same thing myself.

I had rectal cancer in 2016 that was finally cured after unpleasant chemo, radiation and surgery but a small spot showed up on a lung in October after a follow up scan. I had a new scan this past Friday to see if it has grown or gone away. I get the results tomorrow. I'm a wreck right now.

I admire you lbj for how you have handled your fight and I hope I can emulate your strength and outlook in the future.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's interesting they are using the term spot as opposed to mass.
Hope all is well.
Have they ever done a scan of your lungs before?
In any case, I have said a prayer for your results to be favorable and that you be healed.

I appreciate the kind words regarding how I get through this. I don't feel strong and all, I am not even sure I am getting through this all that well.
When faced with these things we all do what we do and are who we are.

I would say though that many good things have been revealed and learned the last 2 years and I am a better person for all these things.

Praise God!

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
It's interesting they are using the term spot as opposed to mass.
Hope all is well.
Have they ever done a scan of your lungs before?
In any case, I have said a prayer for your results to be favorable and that you be healed.

I appreciate the kind words regarding how I get through this. I don't feel strong and all, I am not even sure I am getting through this all that well.
When faced with these things we all do what we do and are who we are.

I would say though that many good things have been revealed and learned the last 2 years and I am a better person for all these things.

Praise God!

I get full body scans from hips to neck because my original cancer metastasizes often enough to keep a close eye out. It's pretty common for it to show up in the lungs, kidneys or liver within a couple of years, or so I've been told.

The term 'spot' was from my oncologist and he said it was 6.5mm in size.

Thanks for the well wishes and back at ya lbj.

Jim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimbo54,

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent Tom and Jim

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well, I had my appointment with my oncologist today to discuss the outcome of the scan and he said that there was no change in the spot on the lung. He said it pretty much rules out an aggressive tumor and blood work supports that and that it could be scar tissue from an undiagnosed mild pneumonia episode or something else. He scheduled a new scan in 4 months to keep track of it.

I'm looking at it as being very good news, but it will still be in the back of my mind. I think I'll tell the wife we'll go out and buy a couple of lobster tails tonight for dinner to celebrate.

Jim

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Great news then.

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Jim

God Bless

God Bless lbj also

Roy

Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if LBJ would want me to post this or not, but since many on this board are counted as his friends (and supporters regarding his current health issues) I decided to go ahead. He has had a couple of medical setbacks that he is currently fighting through. It might be a few days or weeks before he's up to signing back on and posting to this thread. Respecting his privacy I won't go into any detail - I'll leave that up to him - but I do know that, especially with his faith, that he would appreciate y'all thinking of him right now. This thread that he started over 2 years ago pretty much sums up the big heart (and struggle) that Tom has. When he sees this he'll probably do a bit of an eye roll, because he probably doesn't think of himself as anything all that special - but he is.

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Frown

Continued prayers to you Tom.

Prayers of wisdom for your doctors.
Prayers of comfort to your friends and family.
Prayers of healing and faith for you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May God Bless You and Your Family. Continued Prayers and Hope.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
We'll continue to pray for you, LBJ. Blessings to you and your family.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Always concerning when I see this thread back on page one. Thoughts and prayers for lbj and family.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Prayers offered up for LBJ this morning.

God Bless LBJ in this time of trial, he is a good man!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robbiedog:
I'm not sure if LBJ would want me to post this or not, but since many on this board are counted as his friends (and supporters regarding his current health issues) I decided to go ahead. He has had a couple of medical setbacks that he is currently fighting through. It might be a few days or weeks before he's up to signing back on and posting to this thread. Respecting his privacy I won't go into any detail - I'll leave that up to him - but I do know that, especially with his faith, that he would appreciate y'all thinking of him right now. This thread that he started over 2 years ago pretty much sums up the big heart (and struggle) that Tom has. When he sees this he'll probably do a bit of an eye roll, because he probably doesn't think of himself as anything all that special - but he is.
Thanks for letting us know, robbie. Prayers for Tom. We hope to see him back here soon.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Prayer always and often..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
When I was on here yesterday I got to thinking about him. Prayers sent.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Give LBJ my best.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post