SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kansas City Serial Killer Charged, Previously Said "Kill All White People"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kansas City Serial Killer Charged, Previously Said "Kill All White People" Login/Join 
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted
Updated to add:
quote:
The 22-year-old man suspected of shooting five middle-aged white men since last year — including four on south Kansas City walking trails — threatened in 2014 to shoot up a school and “kill all white people,” according to court records.
Kansas City Star

Still haven't heard a peep on national news. A Google news search shows only local news and a handful of smaller online outlets.

I see way too many people in condition white on jogging trails. Stay aware and stay armed whenever possible.

quote:

Man charged in two KC killings, suspect in three more: ‘They didn’t see it coming’

A mysterious series of apparently random killings in Kansas City, mostly committed in isolated spots along walking trails, came to an end when the killer deviated from his pattern with a brazen, execution-style shooting in broad daylight on a city street, according to Jackson County prosecutors.

The fifth and final killing came shortly after noon on Aug. 13, when 22-year-old Fredrick Demond Scott allegedly followed a man from a city bus, crept up behind him on the street and shot him in the head — before turning and getting right back on a bus.

Like the other four victims Scott is either charged with killing or is suspected of killing, Steven Gibbons was a stranger but fit a specific profile: they were all white men between ages 54 and 67. [Emphasis mine. Imagine if this scenario were reversed - it would be the lead story on CNN]

All five victims were shot. Four were shot in the head — three in the back of the head. One was shot in the back.

“They didn’t see it coming,” Scott said under his breath while being questioned by detectives.

Jackson County prosecutors on Tuesday announced murder charges against Scott in two of the killings and named him as a suspect in three other homicides of middle-aged men along south Kansas City trails.

The killings drew increased attention with the May 18 killing of Mike Darby, 61, co-owner of Coach’s Bar & Grill at 103rd Street and Wornall Road.

Scott, of Kansas City, is charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the deaths of Gibbons, 57, and John Palmer, 54. Court records detail how detectives cracked the case using surveillance video, and how DNA evidence linked Scott to those two victims.

Gibbons survived on life support for more than a day after he was found shot in the 1100 block of East 67th Street. His death came months after police linked four killings near popular trails along Indian Creek, Minor Park and Blue River that showed “obvious similarities.”

Palmer had been found killed nearly a year earlier on Aug. 19, 2016, in a wooded area near East Bannister Road and Lydia Avenue. His death, near the Indian Creek trail, was the first of four that police connected.

The profiles of the victims made them relatively rare among Kansas City homicide victims. Some of the men were killed while walking their dogs. In at least two cases, the dogs remained beside their slain owners until police arrived.

The unsolved killings mystified Kansas City residents and spread fears of a serial killer.

Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker announced the charges Tuesday at a press conference at the Kansas City Police Department’s South Patrol station at 8701 Marion Park Drive. Baker’s office charged Scott in the murders on Aug. 18 but the court documents were under seal until Tuesday’s announcement.

The break in the case had come with the Gibbons killing, according to court documents. Police found surveillance video showing Scott follow Gibbons off of a KCATA bus before Gibbons was shot.

Detectives later linked Scott to the scene from DNA from a iced tea bottle and a cigarette butt, and linked him to the Palmer killing with DNA from a t-shirt left at that scene.

[Original article continues with more details]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: S600MBUSA,

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
He looks like a fine upstanding law-abiding young man.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the authorities will ever figure out what his motive was.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was using multiple weapons and calibers to commit these crimes.

A little more information here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...te-men-arrested.html

The DNA trail that caught up with Scott didn't end with Gibbons.

Police then matched the DNA from his crime scene to that found at the murder scene of John Palmer, 54, whose body was found on August 19, 2016 - making him the first of Scott's supposed victims.

He was killed on East Bannister Road and Lydia Avenue near the Indian Creek hiking trail - which led to the slayings being dubbed 'the Indian Creek Murders'.

The next victim linked to Scott was David Lenox, 67, whose body was found just steps from his front door on the 9900 block of Walnut Street on February 27 of this year.

He had been walking one of his dogs when he was killed. It was with him when police arrived. A .380-caliber bullet was recovered from the scene.

On April 4, Timothy S Rice, 57, was found dead in a shelter at Minor Park, near East Red Bridge Road and 110th Street, close to Blue River Trail.

He had been shot multiple times with 9mm ammunition in the head and elsewhere.

After Rice's death, Scott reported that his 9mm handgun had been stolen, police claim.

And the fourth alleged victim, Mike Darby, 61, the co-owner of Coach's Bar & Grill, a popular local establishment, was found dead on the Indian Creek trail off 103rd Street.

He had been walking his two dogs when he was shot in the back of the head with a .22-caliber bullet on May 18. They stayed by his body until police arrived.

Scott was charged with the murders on August 18, but his arrest was not announced until Tuesday.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filth. I have to say I carry every where and a don't trust anyone I don't know. It's a damn shame that I can't go to the market or to church without a gun. But the animals have made it this way.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even if you are armed it would be hard to defend against this type of ambush. You are on a walking trail,people walk.Someone walks up behind you and shoots,or they walk past you and turn quickly and shoot,No warning,no altercation,like the perp said"they never saw it coming"

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I just searched with 3 different search engines.

No national news organizations carrying this at all...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:

Imagine the consequences if people knew they were hated and hunted because of their skin color.....gotta keep that quiet.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Even if you are armed it would be hard to defend against this type of ambush. You are on a walking trail,people walk.Someone walks up behind you and shoots,or they walk past you and turn quickly and shoot,No warning,no altercation,like the perp said"they never saw it coming"

Most of the people I see on trails have earbuds/headphones in and don't even turn around if someone is coming up behind them. Situational awareness may not have saved these victims from this type of attacker, but don't make it any easier than it has to be. Don't walk around in "condition white" is all I was saying.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

Imagine the consequences if people knew they were hated and hunted because of their skin color.....gotta keep that quiet.
The only solace in this situation is that (for now) there are only a few crazies who are bent on murdering Whites, and there are a great many Whites around (so the probability is low of being a target).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The very definition of a hate crime..as stated by progressives.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for my brisket sandwich at a Kansas City BBQ restaurant today, and the black cashier was quite chatty. After she talked about the Chiefs game tonight, she brought up this murderer and that she was glad he was caught.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Black nationalist.

Posts: 20088 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Only the worst sort of a sneak and coward could do such a thing. He ought to swing from the end of a rope.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CNYTX11
posted Hide Post
I have lived in KC for a decade now. Lovely trail system -- but always go armed and NEVER with ear buds or anything that would distract my attention.

And never early AM or after dark in most sections.

S&W M-66-2 (3")/ S&W M-65LS (3")/ S&W M-10 (2")/Colt Combat Commander Series 70

Posts: 651 | Location: Johnson County, KS | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He ought to swing from the end of a rope.

I agree. It's time to bring back public hangings.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

The only solace in this situation is that (for now) there are only a few crazies who are bent on murdering Whites, and there are a great many Whites around (so the probability is low of being a target).

flashguy

So all I need is for my Hoveround to be faster than yours....Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the Zebra murders. I hope he is the lone killer. Fry, mo'fo'!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post