SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guns are Fun. My Latest in Modern Service Weapons
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns are Fun. My Latest in Modern Service Weapons Login/Join 
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted
Guns and Gear: Have Fun

Sometimes, we SD-oriented folks take ourselves too seriously, I think.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I like your line of thoguht.

My favorite gun is my 617. I can shoot it all day for pocket change, teach new shooters how to shoot, it's accurate, and the trigger is awesome. It's not as manly as my .454 Casull, but everything I need to shoot that beast can be practiced many, many times on the 617 first then .45 LC cowboy loads then a few $3.50 per round bear loads.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Thanks that was nice. No need to feel guilty for gracing the weekly Friday night IDPA match with my abysmal dynamic skills. Yes, I would love a 10mm too. My favorite revolver used to be a 29 I used to split bowling pins at 50 yards with hot 240 grain hand loads. Probably too hot, but boy those pins would cleave right in two. That was serious fun right there.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I like your line of thoguht.

My favorite gun is my 617.

I need one of those real bad. Now that .22's are cheaper than .44's again, that is. I bought a Victory last year to loan/rent in classes. I forgot how much fun that is.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post