SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
DA Krasner will be figuring out a way to throw under the bus the two officers involved in this shooting.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and, once again, we have ghetto-logic displaying outrage and concern at how things are handled in the real world.
Yes, lets have the threat turned on the police, then when police deal with threat, neighborhood that was previously under threat from said individual, become emotionally unhinged. Roll Eyes

Truely parallel worlds we live in. One prospers and moves-on, the other continually stuck in a time-loop of bad decisions

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
DA Krasner will be figuring out a way to throw under the bus the two officers involved in this shooting.

100% right.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
And to add to that, we used to keep mental people locked up where they were not a danger to others.

Society dealt with the issues BEFORE it got to this point. Now, society wants to just ignore them until the time comes that they become dangerous.

I have said for a long time that using the police to deal with the mentally ill was a huge mistake.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:

He won't have much luck with that. Outlaw was on the evening news stating that budget constraints did not allow training or equipping the two officers with Tasers. Defense: These two officers would have deployed less than lethal force if they were so equipped.

Nonsense aside, it was a good shoot. Sad that the guy didn't get the help he needed but the officers were faced with a situation and dealt with it appropriately. When the similar thing happened in Lancaster PA a few weeks ago, the mayor stood behind the cop and jailed the protesters. These cities are 70 miles apart as the crow flies and a million miles apart in every other way.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:

He won't have much luck with that. Outlaw was on the evening news stating that budget constraints did not allow training or equipping the two officers with Tasers. Defense: These two officers would have deployed less than lethal force if they were so equipped.

None of that will slow down or deter Krasner.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People that come at police with weapons must be insane. YOU are going to get shot, if that’s your bag, have at it.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
...and, once again, we have ghetto-logic displaying outrage and concern at how things are handled in the real world.
Yes, lets have the threat turned on the police, then when police deal with threat, neighborhood that was previously under threat from said individual, become emotionally unhinged. Roll Eyes

Truely parallel worlds we live in. One prospers and moves-on, the other continually stuck in a time-loop of bad decisions

Exactly right on all counts.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Honestly, we all hate what they are doing in the streets, but at the same time it helps President Trump in a swing state. People need a reminder of what happened this summer and how life will be like if Democrats win.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
This is going to sound cold, but I don't care if someone has mental issues or not, if they threaten someone with lethal force, they should be dealt with by lethal force.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
This is going to sound cold, but I don't care if someone has mental issues or not, if they threaten someone with lethal force, they should be dealt with by lethal force.

It’s not cold at all. It’s common sense, whether you are a cop or just the average Joe with a guy with a weapon advancing on you. There can be no other intent under those circumstances to do anything but cause severe bodily harm or death. If someone is bleeding out, it won’t make a bit of difference to them whether the person doing the stabbing was a felon or mentally ill.

This is the continued attack in law and order in this country started by that traitor Obama. He was the one that started this “you are not required to comply” bullshit that continues to this day.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:

It sounds cold only to those who think the world is a kind and gentle place where intent matters more than action. It’s not, and your sentiment is logically sound. Life has consequences.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
While there may be officers who could easily disarm that disturbed gentleman, the average Philadelphia officer does not have the training nor especially the physical conditioning to pull it off. The assumption is that if a perp has a knife, he may also have a gun.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is this true? Philly sure isn't doing themselves any favors if so.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still like the idea of sending in social workers in lieu of police.

Maybe Walter Wallace took one for the team, what with the holidays coming up. Shop until ya drop. Another plus, he’s still in the running to hit the ghetto lottery.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes, it's true. Commissioner Outlaw. We talked about it a bit here a while back. She's the one who answered a reporter's question about why tasers weren't used. She said, "good question; the mayor cut it out of the budget."

This mayor and the Philly council need to catch hell and be held accountable.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The video from Philly is wild. This guy has some good clips on twitter.

https://twitter.com/KittyLists

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
In Harrisburg, Gov Wolf was asked by a local news station about the wounded officers, stated that he hopes the protest "doesn't escalate to anything more than peaceful protests" What an asswipe!

https://www.abc27.com/news/top...s-riots-and-looting/

Meanwhile on social media, people are angry by the Governor refusing to acknowledge those 30 officers’ injuries.

Monday, ABC27 asked him for his response to those injuries, and if anything was being done to protect officers, businesses and citizens.

Governor Tom Wolf responded to this question at a press conference on another topic by saying,

“I as everyone is really sad by the death of the victim and I think I share in mourning with the family. Any time that happens is a tragedy for whatever reason, and I think we need to make sure that we follow up, find out what happened. I and my staff have been in constant communication since last night with the folks in Philadelphia and the hope is that doesn’t escalate to anthing more than the peaceful protests than I think this kind of situation brings out.”

The Governor said the hope was that it didn’t escalate into anything more than peaceful protests, though at that point, it did with the injured officers and more than 70 arrests, and then again Tuesday night, with the stolen property.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Like most revolutions throughout history the "elites" who push it will most likely not be on the ground getting their hands dirty. I doubt you'll see this guy with an AK charging the capitol building. But he has no problem telling the useful idiots to "topple the government" for him.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
These clowns have NO CLUE as to the political slant of the typical military people.

Sure, they have one or two token lib retired generals running around making noise (no doubt, in an attempt to catapult themselves into politics), but the VAST MAJORITY of the military is conservative, and sure as heck will not back a democrat-led 'insurrection.'

The military WILL back President Trump if the leftists try anything stupid (I mean, more stupid than usual).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post