SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I can’t believe that law enforcement in Texas are being such pussies and basically cow towing to the leftists. What an embarrassment.
I find it troubling, too--I live here!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Even in Texas, law enforcement ultimately answers to politicians.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Don't large public protests need to be approved? And would they be approved if they had to close off roads, at least w/o detours planned in advance?

It's bullshit to have BLM close of roads anytime they feel like. Nobody should have to tolerate that. We need to start string up politicians and LE leadership that allow it.

BLM is founded on a false premise. They do not get a pass. They SHALL NOT PASS. Might as well just let ISIS protest in our streets. Or the cartels to allow for open borders. Are asians going to start block streets - ALM against the blacks? What a fucking pandora's box the shitheads in gov have opened.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Remember when people objected to the former President allegedly referring to certain countries as "Shitholes"? They openly said it was wrong to disparage places run by warlords, without the benefit of a credible legal system and the rule of law. Well, welcome to Mogadishu!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Laughing my ass off at the fuckers yelling at the cop to "do your job!" once confronted.

Um..... if the cop was doing his job you dumbasses would be arrested and out of the street.

So fuck off.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy on Oct 18:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/sha...epartment-departures

The NYPD said in an email to Fox News this week that 2,385 officers have submitted their retirement papers this year as of Oct. 6 – an 87% increase from the 1,274 retirements reported during the same period in 2019.

As of this week, the department’s headcount stood at just under 34,500, according to an NYPD spokesperson.

“This is the highest attrition rate we have seen in over a decade, during a time we are battling enormous spikes in shootings and murders,” Lynch wrote. “And thanks to the City Council and Mayor’s ‘Defund the Police’ lunacy, no help is coming any time soon. Our elected leaders need to be held responsible for the dangerous path they’ve chosen.”

NYC elects a new mayor in 2021. Bill de Blasio is unable to run for a third term due to term limits

Time for a live look to see how this 'Defund the NYPD' thing is going:

https://twitter.com/Breaking91.../1391920987239759876

It was all so unpredictable! Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Money to fix a policy problem? Ain’t gonna work. NY is gonna pay more for less. They voted for it. Deal with it.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
In NYC most if the victims will be Democrats - they’re simply getting what they voted for and as someone once said - I think it was that bastard Kenyan - elections do in fact have consequences

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It takes almost a year (on the streets-not counting academy time) for an officer to be autonomous from his graduation date....then there’s the city council and the “defund the police” people and backing from the actual public who will back them and then most importantly the backing of the DAs office who actually brings cases to court.....then you gotta get juries who will convict people for the actual laws on the books......

Nope NYC, you have about a ten year long slog of it to get back to what it was years ago.....years ago . And if you want it to be like it was under Mayor Giuliani- it’s at least 15 years out. If things change tonight.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
It seems any defund the police, now refund the police initiatives have an end goal of neutered local public security being replaced with an national, federalized force. I have to look at de Commio's move here with that in mind.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Missed this from Plano, TX protesters blocking traffic.

One of them pulled a gun on the guy upset that Police were not clearing the road.

“Plano, TX police officer allows armed left-wing militia to illegally block traffic, reprimands driver who attempts to clear road, defend himself.”

“The man who attempted to clear the road was doxxed by leftists and charged while the law-breaking traffic-blockers walk free!”

The man in blue is being charged with “assault with contact” because he slapped a hand away from his face.

The protester with the gun is not being charged, in fact none of the protesters are being charged.

Read the Texas Attorney Generals letter at this link.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Gets Involved After Plano Police Officer Allows BLM-Antifa to Illegally Block Traffic, Brandish Weapon

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I noticed that. The black guy in the black plate carrier in the background of the pistol also looked like he was trying to draw a concealed pistol in the frames leading up to that screenshot.

There were videos last year of armed protestors blocking city streets and leveling guns at drivers trying to get through. I don't recall hearing anything coming out of that. Really spooky times we're in. Another year of this shit and we're likely to see good people totally lose their cool in spectacular fashion. You can only push people so far. Killdozer comes to mind.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s not a gun, it’s a taser

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Are you certain “Chief”? Razz
From the linked article.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton got involved since the Plano police chief refused to arrest the lawbreakers.

“I instructed one of my top deputies to contact the Plano Police Chief to get more details. What he heard paints an even worse picture that the video alone depicts,” Ken Paxton said in a statement.

Paxton said the police chief told his deputy several different versions of what actually happened.

First, the Chief told my deputy that while the weapon drawn wasn’t a pistol, it was, in fact, a “pepper ball gun.” In a separate conversation, the Chief claimed it was a “taser.” In a recent Facebook post, the Department is now saying it was a “electronic control device.” Paxton said. “Whatever it was, the police declined to pursue the leftist who brandished the weapon, and no charges are being pressed against him.”

Paxton continued, “Second, the Chief was anxious to excuse the rioters. “You have to understand the situation.” urged the Chief. “We have to negotiate with these people. Do you expect us to mass arrest the protesters? You know that’s not going to happen.”

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:

Would you be willing to bet your life on that? That mother fucker needed to have his god damn head canoed. If police are present, why draw anything unless to further antagonize?

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:

“You have to understand the situation.” urged the Chief. “We have to negotiate with these people. Do you expect us to mass arrest the protesters? You know that’s not going to happen.”

These authorities aren't stupid. They know exactly what they are doing.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
At this point, fuck it. Defund the police. They aren't doing their job anyways. Let the purge happen. All these people screaming to Defund the police will be begging for them back after a week.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I am disappointed that this happened in Texas and understand the emotions, but the big guy in traffic was going to start a fight and probably would have had his ass stomped. Officers needed to de-fuse that encounter and get him the hell out of there-they didn't have enough manpower to dominate that crowd. Nothing good could have come of a meelee out there with good potential for people getting hurt or shot. They can talk about criminal charges later. I don't know anything about that chief but sometimes you have to let things cool off if you don't have the manpower or support to dominate the situation.

I said from the start, if the departments in Portland and Seattle and Minneapolis, etc, had pushed the mutual aid button and brought in a couple thousand officers on day 1, the summer of arson and looting could have been brought to a sudden halt. But there was no political backbone from local elected officials to do what needed to be done. Failure to support first responders is unconscionable. The arsonist media cowed elected officials into inaction, so these BLM and Antifa anarchist assholes could run amok without consequence.

The Governor of Florida has balls, as does the legislature and the sheriffs. DeSantis has told Antifa to stay out of Florida, and passed laws with teeth. Cities/Counties that try to de-fund police will be penalized. He gave all first responders a $1000 bonus and lit the Governor's mansion blue for Police Week. Such a contrast to weak kneed politicians I see elsewhere. Bottom line for law enforcement is and always has been, every community gets precisely the quality of police service they deserve.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
They are doing their job against anyone who fights back, or violates a corona edict.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Paxton's statement is toothless. It reads like something a young reporter would write up. It's got all the who, what, where's and why's but he says nothing about doing one damn thing about it. Other than sending one of his top men to interview the chief.

He acts like a innocent bystander who has no power to do anything and not a Attorney General of the state who swings a pretty big hammer.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post