SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watch Live: Social Unrest Erupts After Police Killing Of Man In Minnesota

Looks like spring training has started....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
- Ugh -

Police: Minnesota officer meant to draw Taser, not handgun

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
- Ugh -

Police: Minnesota officer meant to draw Taser, not handgun

From the article linked above:

"Gannon said at a news conference that the officer made a mistake, and he released body camera footage from the officer who fired. The footage showed three officers around a stopped car. When another officer attempts to handcuff Wright, a struggle ensues. The officer is heard shouting “Taser!” several times before firing her weapon."

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Media trying to tell the chief that the riot was not a riot. At least he didn't cower and apologize.

That said - doesn't look good for the officer in this case.

https://twitter.com/DailyCalle.../1381665895286722569

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Bodycam from the officer.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
What are the odds little Daunte was scrambling for a gun?
I think it is most likely.

Up and coming rapper, raps in his car with his gun.

Valedictorian, Daunte Wright

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I typed a much longer response. But I'll just say I'm sympathetic to the officer. I hope she can recover from this.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much money did the parents just became eligible for do you figure?

Floyd's family got 27 million I think?

Town's going to go broke with all of these payouts and expensive legal battles. Not to mention, I am sure these people all pay taxes (not).

Prayers for the cop... none for the thug.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
After listening to the dem gov and mayors it doesn't look good for any cop in this state. Not a single word about resisting arrest. Not a single explanation about what the law requires of a citizens responsibility when they are being arrested. No job can be worth what these cops are about to go through. Again. You cant survive in this world. You will never be given a fair shake and you surely cant do your job with any possibility of success with backing like these democrats. The thin blue line needs to become the invisible blue line.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why the always resisting? Why not do what the cop asks! Why always with the burning and looting as a result? Why not comply when you’ve broke the law?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Why the always resisting? Why not do what the cop asks! Why always with the burning and looting as a result? Why not comply when you’ve broke the law?

And he had a warrant. But they gonna riot anyway, cause that’s what they do...doesn’t matter that didndonuffin, was wrong-resisting....they just don’t get that by complying, you won’t get hurt

And I’ve never understood the grabbing of fingers and then trying to handcuff....we were taught to place the right arm thru the suspects arm and creae an arm bar against the suspects upper right arm and then handcuff, one wrist at a time.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If you want to fight the police, you need to do it in a court of law and not on the side of the road.

One fight you may win, the other fight you'll always lose.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Damn. I’m sorry but at this point in the evolution of policing I find it difficult to imagine a justifiable excuse for taser/gun confusion. This is not even close to a new problem.

Poor training/policy from the department? I could believe.
An officer that didn’t have the presence of mind to keep calm enough under stress?

I do not see a good ending.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did that perp really think he was going to get away?

I too wonder if we'll find out he had a pistol in the car. His facebook has a pic of him with one.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
“ According to KARE 11 reporter Chris Hrapsky, Daunte Wright had an outstanding warrant for gross misdemeanor carrying a pistol without a permit and misdemeanor fleeing police. The warrant was issued on April 2 after he failed to appear for court, Hrapsky said.”

Link

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Damn. I’m sorry but at this point in the evolution of policing I find it difficult to imagine a justifiable excuse for taser/gun confusion. This is not even close to a new problem.

Poor training/policy from the department? I could believe.
An officer that didn’t have the presence of mind to keep calm enough under stress?

+1 Nothing good is going to happen to the officer. I’m guessing that he in fact had a gun in the car seeing as though his failure to appear warrant was for fleeing from the police with an unlicensed firearm. One loser who probably just arrived at his destiny a little faster than scheduled due to poor training and negligence.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Neither do I but it has happened before.

Judge dismisses case against Lawrence police officer who shot man, says evidence does not show she acted recklessly

“To consciously disregard something, one must be aware of it,” Kittel said. “There is no evidence that the defendant consciously disregarded a substantial and unjustifiable risk … She meant to use her Taser.”

https://www2.ljworld.com/news/...he-acted-recklessly/

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:

Neither do I but it has happened before.

Judge dismisses case against Lawrence police officer who shot man, says evidence does not show she acted recklessly

“To consciously disregard something, one must be aware of it,” Kittel said. “There is no evidence that the defendant consciously disregarded a substantial and unjustifiable risk … She meant to use her Taser.”

https://www2.ljworld.com/news/...he-acted-recklessly/

Oh, I’m aware of similar (and worse) not being prosecuted. Not too many years ago, this (and worse) most likely wouldn’t even be charged to begin with. There are some mind-boggling stories of accidents in this vein through the years. I knew a horrible sergeant that eventually became a police chief and then a magistrate that killed a woman in a similar situation in a different era. But it’s a different atmosphere.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched it in great detail but it sounds like she called out that she was shooting him with a Taser but actually had a gun in her hand so that's that.
They are now calling it an accident.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first mistake the LEO made was trying to cuff him in front of an open drivers door. Move the perp to the rear/trunk area to mitigate access to the vehicle's interior and/or escape in car. (as well as minimizing any communication with other passengers in vehicle)

And of course it all went downhill from there.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post